Reading Grammar 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bewildered

Reading Grammar 11+

Post by Bewildered »

Panicking a bit now, for tomorrow's tests.

Stevew61 or anyone else do you know when they get a break, and for how long.
Just imaging Stomach grumbles taking his mind off the task at hand!

Any ideas?????
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi BW,

IIRC short breaks after each paper for bathroom visit or fresh air with one longer break for snack & drink. Hint don't drink to much. No not you, but dear son. :lol:

Likely outcome your son will be focused on the exam full of adrenalin and the day for him will fly by, you on the other hand will be a bag of nerves. :) , as I was last year. If it helps I am feeling tense thinking about last year, this years kids and my next one in three years time. Groundhog Day. :D

stevew61
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Just remember that he is the Sharpest Pencil in Town, Bewildered!

Good Luck for his exams...the time has come so soon!

Groundhog Day, it is stevew61. Why are we sti11 nervous??
kendrick mum?

Reading Grammar 11+

Post by kendrick mum? »

Are you only panicking a bit BW thats good, I feel the nerves are getting the better of me.I feel she is well prepared in fact if she doesn't know it now ..... and after all dd's a bright kid she'll be fine. Still totally scared ! though she is totally laid back. Going through some papers this week still losing marks on careless errors only to be told it will be different in the exam of course I'll be checking more thoroughly.
Any way will be over soon even though our exam is pm then the long wait

Kendrick mum?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Thanks for info Stevew61 has helped to know he won't be dreaming of food, at such a critical time! :wink:

Thankyou your good wishes LBSWM. Our turn has indeed come round too soon!
I feel the nerves are getting the better of me.I feel she is well prepared in fact if she doesn't know it now ..... and after all dd's a bright kid she'll be fine. Still totally scared !
Kendrick mum, totally agree. My head also know's he should know it by now, but still can't help thinking of things, I might of missed. I was trying to work out the timings of the papers for tomorrow, and how long the break was likely to be. Trying to work out what to get him from Sainsbury's this afternoon, for brainfood during his break tomorrow. He's not too keen on banana's, (Patricia's choice). So what would be a good alternative?? Will he get a good nights sleep tonight? ? What's the best thing to give him at breakfast.....
Thoughts of an over anxious Mum.......Sad, but True :oops:

Good Luck Kendrick Mum, and daughter!
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Woke up and gave him all his presents and cards. Hopefully started off his morning on a high. Got him there on time. Thankfully, Well organized admittance arrangements by school. (Unlike Langley grammars!).
He seemed to be in a daze, after he stopped shivering in the bitter cold of the morning.
Parking limited, very busy on Erleigh rd, entrance. Big queue on the long drive, but as expected. Senior boys charming, and very helpful.
Clock watching, has begun :oops:
Why does 5mins take such a long time today???

:?

BW
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Bewildered wrote:Woke up and gave him all his presents and cards
Why does 5mins take such a long time today???
BW
Hi BW,

Happy birthday to your DS, doing anything fun today. :D :D :D

You've done your bit so try and chill.

It's good if you are sitting an exam that time passes slowly. :lol: Not so good for those waiting. Hope he comes out happy. Good luck. They come out in small groups, last year mine was 30 mins late some 45 mins late it is a bit of a scrum.

Best wishes, thinking of all the kids sitting exam today.

stevew61
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Happy Birthday to your DS, Bewildered.

Hope you and your family have the rest of a Wonderful day.
Come to REHAB when you can...the Newbies need you.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Happy birthday to your DS, doing anything fun today. :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D
Back from Restaurant, celebrating DS's birthday. Otherwise can't think of anything urgent on the agenda today :wink:

DS came out of test smiling. Come to think of it I think every boy I saw, and heard, came out smiling and saying how easy it was. What does that mean??? Had to wait an extra 45mins, in the freezing cold, as he was one of the last out. (But I'm sure that was probably better than last years downpour!)

Thankyou LBSWM, will make a detour soon. Have popped in silently 8) on occasion, just to hear the goss!

Time to relax, (I think I have 3hrs left stevew61) ::D
wokinghamguest

Post by wokinghamguest »

Bewildered wrote:Come to think of it I think every boy I saw, and heard, came out smiling and saying how easy it was
Indeed! Good Luck to everyong who took the exam today (espec. those in Wokingham BK afterwards ;) ), it sounds like it's going to come down to who made the least, err, schoolboy errors :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now