AGS Induction Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brum Mum

AGS Induction Evening

Post by Brum Mum »

Just back - did anyone else go?

I thought it was well organised and Mr Sentance came across well.

It's all getting a bit scary and 'real' now :shock:
JamesDean

Re: AGS Induction Evening

Post by JamesDean »

DS has just chosen his outfit for tomorrow - managed to talk him out of the hat! :lol:
Glad it went well, BM.

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:DS has just chosen his outfit for tomorrow - managed to talk him out of the hat! :lol:
Glad it went well, BM.

JD
Ooh hat?

DS has to wear school uniform and managed to leave his PE kit at school, cue quick trip to Tescos to buy shorts! Bumped into his form tutor which was a bit surreal :D
Fingerscrossed 123

Post by Fingerscrossed 123 »

Yes we were there !!! I really liked me sentence
Speech , and thought it was a very friendly
Environment !!
Can't believe a year ago we were there just
Viewing school before the test !!!
Bring September on !!!!
My ds looking forward to it !!!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Fingers - we were saying that it had been two years for us - I can't believe the time went so fast!
Ghostlady

Post by Ghostlady »

We were there too We all liked very much what we heard and saw My son is so excited He wants to start now ! :D
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

We were there too. Good vibe.

We liked Mr Sentence (but the previous headmaster especially impressed us).

We did look around and wonder which fellow forum members were around. We feel lucky that DS has several friends going with him. The uniform prices are not too shocking so that was not so bad.

Had a look out back, the new building looks wonderful and after a few discussions with his Form Tutor DS started to take to her, I liked her so we are looking good!

Roll on tomorrow. Good luck everyone.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Ghostlady wrote:We were there too We all liked very much what we heard and saw My son is so excited He wants to start now ! :D
DS was pinging around like a spring this morning - had to tell him to chill out! :D

I think primary school is going to feel very boring after this.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Sillygoose wrote:We were there too. Good vibe.

We did look around and wonder which fellow forum members were around. We feel lucky that DS has several friends going with him. The uniform prices are not too shocking so that was not so bad.

Had a look out back, the new building looks wonderful and after a few discussions with his Form Tutor DS started to take to her, I liked her so we are looking good!

DS is one of two going from his school and they have been put into separate forms. I did query it, but was told with over 50 feeder schools and them needing to get a similar gender split, that's how it is. They're both ok about it thankfully - I'm sure that they will have made a load a new friends after today anyway.

Hope it goes well for everyone today :D
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

Brum Mum wrote:
Sillygoose wrote:We were there too. Good vibe.

DS is one of two going from his school and they have been put into separate forms. I did query it, but was told with over 50 feeder schools and them needing to get a similar gender split, that's how it is. They're both ok about it thankfully - I'm sure that they will have made a load a new friends after today anyway.

Hope it goes well for everyone today :D
Apparently the forms were decided by their language choices so everyone doing the same two choices will be together. It makes sense as this is the only variation in class make up it means the form stays together all the time now for all lessons.

DS was pleased he got his 1st choice, less impressed to have got his 3rd.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now