SHS open morning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sunshine 11

SHS open morning

Post by Sunshine 11 »

I dropped in to SHS this morning, just to hear the heads speech to see if there was anything new to hear about the test, there wasn't. Also, I went over the new bridge, very impressive. No more worrying about crossing that awful line. I just wanted to say, I was astonished how many parents were there, I have been to open mornings there before and there was no where near as many as today.

There were literally hundreds and hundreds ! the poor head had to do his speech about 5 times as the hall kept being full ! It made me realise quite how busy it will be on the day !
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
capers123

Re: SHS open morning

Post by capers123 »

Did you get to see the A Level art exhibition in the 6th form building (I'm not sure if it would have been included on a tour for Y5's).

I saw it the other day and was stunned - wonderful creations. I just wish I had 1/10th of the talent in art that these pupils had.

The exhibition showed work from the Fine Art, Photography and Graphic Design courses by Marling, Stroud High & Archway pupils (the latter come to Downfield for Graphic Design as it's not taught there).
Capers
Sunshine 11

Re: SHS open morning

Post by Sunshine 11 »

capers123 wrote:Did you get to see the A Level art exhibition in the 6th form building (I'm not sure if it would have been included on a tour for Y5's).

I saw it the other day and was stunned - wonderful creations. I just wish I had 1/10th of the talent in art that these pupils had.

The exhibition showed work from the Fine Art, Photography and Graphic Design courses by Marling, Stroud High & Archway pupils (the latter come to Downfield for Graphic Design as it's not taught there).
Wow ! sounds fab. No I didn't do the tour again. I think once you've done it once, there isn't much point as it is all down to the test. I did wonder if the change in the test means so many more children will attempt it, I think it will be packed on the day, scarey !
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now