Percentage breakdown per Subject for Berks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sonasona

Percentage breakdown per Subject for Berks

Post by sonasona »

Berks CEM September 2014

Does anybody know the percentage split between VR, NVR and Numerical reasoning (Maths)?

Has anybody asked their respective school(s) or LEA? Would they even give this information prior to the test?

Sona
berks_mum

Re: Percentage breakdown per Subject for Berks

Post by berks_mum »

Where do bucks folks get this info from ?
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Last year's test maybe.

Who's willing to find out about Berks 2014 composition then?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Ha! Us scary bucks folk (just paying a visit to sonasona' s house for a dance, a samosa and a cuppa) get told what the split is when we get the intro pack, last June was the same.

Have you had a wodge of paperwork about the test yet? Or is it on the slough consortium school web pages? I suppose diff schools give diff weighting?

Thanks for the dance sona. :D
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Sona's doors are always open to you. You are welcome to my house anytime :D

We've only applied to Kendrick so have just had time slot and basic info like to bring a couple of pencils and a rubber. Nothing with regards to test composition. Have any of the Slough entrants had further news.

Sb3 if your bored of practicing my original moves, try these :lol: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=kp&v=eMgZuGwzAfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If us timid Warwickshire people could venture an opinion....? Bucks is a all in the test county (except for those that opt out!) Berks, I don't believe, is. i think it is opt in, like Warks. Although we had the breakdown for previous years, (basically 33.3% for each of the 3 areas) this Sept just gone, it changed without warning to 50% VR and the average of your NVR and Maths scores added together making the other 50%. my point is, with CEM, expect the unexpected - if they don't tell you in the information beforehand, be prepared it may not be what it was in previous years.

PS - I'm not much of a dancer but will show you my best moves for a samosa!!
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Bother! SB3 has said everything I could add (apart from to say they give you a score for each component as well as your STTS) - can I still come round for a Samosa and a dance - I have wine :D
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

sonasona, I can't eat spicy things but don't want to feel FOMO (fear of missing out). Do you have sweets as well ? I can bring something from my kitchen.
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

I have a year 5 information evening with one of the Berks grammar schools tonight I'll post if there is anything but from what the Head has said previously, there is nothing to say :(
Tearing Hair Out Mum
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

There was no mention of timings, percentages nothing, we are going in blind apart from what was said in original communications http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=35537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where it mentions verbal may form 50% of marks.
Tearing Hair Out Mum