Comprehensive schools in Bexley/Dartford Councils

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
VanillaLatte

Comprehensive schools in Bexley/Dartford Councils

Post by VanillaLatte »

Narrowed the list for Bromley/Chislehurst.

Which are the outstanding schools (boys+girls) in Bexley and Dartford please?

Thank you in advance.
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Comprehensive schools in Bexley/Dartford Councils

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Can not recommend any of the comprehensives in Bexley. Great for GS but I think the alternative is to look outside of the borough.

I don't know about Dartford but can not imagine it to be any better to be honest.

I guess that is the problem with a GS area. Great if you are in one not so great if you are not!!!
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

Merlin,
Thanks for your response. I guess we will need to stick to Bromley council, although I quite like Bexley as well.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Some of DD1 friends, now year 9 who did not pass are going to Beaverwood in Bromley or Eltham academy (Harris??). Not sure what the academy is like but did not like Beaverwood when we looked.

DD has a lot of friends from Orpington/Bromley at her school.
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

The difficult part now. We looked at a house that is on the border of Chis/New Eltham. SE9, Greenwich. No sufficient 3beds available on the market in Chis at the moment, or very overpriced. Need to look if we are still entitled to try for Bullerswood/ any of the schools in Br Borough.
Filitosa96

Post by Filitosa96 »

If you mean the Green Lane area provided you are north of the A20 you have a reasonable chance of making the catchment area for Bullers Wood

We know several families who are very happy with Coopers as well. It has improved a lot in recent years. Blackfen Girls' is OK too.

In Eltham, the Harris Academy Greenwich (co-ed) is coming on in leaps and bounds and a lot of people rate the new Crown Woods College. And Eltham Hill (girls only) just got OFSTED Outstanding across the board. If dd had not passed the 11 plus, we would have sent her to Eltham Hill. She loved it and so did we.

Go and look at these schools - it's the only way to make an informed choice. We had people wincing when we said how good Eltham Hill was. More fools them.
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

Filitosa96 wrote:If you mean the Green Lane area provided you are north of the A20 you have a reasonable chance of making the catchment area for Bullers Wood

We know several families who are very happy with Coopers as well. It has improved a lot in recent years. Blackfen Girls' is OK too.

In Eltham, the Harris Academy Greenwich (co-ed) is coming on in leaps and bounds and a lot of people rate the new Crown Woods College. And Eltham Hill (girls only) just got OFSTED Outstanding across the board. If dd had not passed the 11 plus, we would have sent her to Eltham Hill. She loved it and so did we.

Go and look at these schools - it's the only way to make an informed choice. We had people wincing when we said how good Eltham Hill was. More fools them.
Thank you for this. We will definitely look at alternatives as you never know. I have written to Bullerswood and they will have boys school from next year. Hopefully we will get in the catchment too.

Every advice from parents living in the areas is much appreciated!