Is it good enough Teachers/Tutors/Parents?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Still Worried

Is it good enough Teachers/Tutors/Parents?

Post by Still Worried »

So my daughter just passed the 11 + well done,and because we live in kent and not medway.we had to give our schools form in 1 month ago,and all we put down was 1.Rochester Granmmar 2. Walderslade girls.

She scored a 550 and being born at the end of october i believe she is one of the eldest in the year,and this goes against you,which i personally feel is unfair.(just my opinion).

She has her heart set on Rochester Grammar,and i have been hearing rumours that 550 may not be good enough to get in.What does everyone think? How many on here would like there daughter to go to Rochester Gammar? And what scores did your girls get? And are you confident?

Please someone put my mind at ease.

Thankyou

Post by Guest »

Someone please give me a reply,59 views and nothing.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Not everyone viewing will know how the system works in your area. I hope you get some news soon.
All the best.

Post by Guest »

I've got a daughter at Rochester and I'm sure it's enough - don't panic! Why didn't you put Fort Pitt/Chatham Girls second and Walderslade third? Walderslade wouldn't have known they were third. You should have been 'advised' a bit more by your school for filling in the CAF by the sounds of it!
Go to the open day next week and try and speak to someone there and tell them of the terrible predicament you found yourself in with only 3 choices.
I'm sure RGS will put you at ease by telling you what there lowest intake scores have been in the last few years... I'm sure they are all lower than 550. At least having that kind of information will HOPEFULLY put your mind at ease a bit!
I reiterate - I'M SURE IT WILL BE FINE!!!

Post by Guest »

Thankyou.
blondie

Rochester Grammar

Post by blondie »

Last yr the pass mark needed to get into RGS was 535 and that was the highest mark it has been for a no. of years. I'm sure that you will not have a problem with 550 this yr particularly as the sibling rule is no longer used.( there are more spaces available as siblings are not given priority anymore) :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now