SHSG open evening tomorrow (9th July)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kace

SHSG open evening tomorrow (9th July)

Post by Kace »

This is probably going to sound silly, but is the open evening at SHSG for anyone? Dd1 is coming to the end of Year 4 and I was hoping to take her round the high schools now so that when we start our 11+ work in earnest at the end of the summer, she will know what she's aiming for. (With ds, who starts at SHSB in September, we didn't visit the grammar schools until towards the end of Year 5 and until then, 11+ work was a bit of a battle...).
Anyway, when I looked on the SHSG website it said the open evening was for "Prospective Year 7s" and that has now confused me seeing that dd1 is still in Year 4 at the moment. Are we OK just to turn up tomorrow?
Thank you in advance for any answers!
ToadMum

Re: SHSG open evening tomorrow (9th July)

Post by ToadMum »

Speaking as a PA person, so long as you donate generously for our refreshments, I don't mind if your DD is still a babe in arms :lol:

Seriously, I'm sure there will be quite a few year 4s there. We went in year 5 and year 6 - exam was later then - lots of people do go and look round a year ahead.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Kace

Post by Kace »

Thank you!
DD1 and I went and were shown around by a lovely Year 8 girl called Demi who was a credit to the school and herself (and I left my credit card details for donations to the PA refreshment fund... :wink: ).
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

DD - not Demi! - is also in year 8 and was guiding last night; I hope that she also acquitted herself well. For some reason, she ignored me completely every time she 'toured' into the dining hall. I was the green-polo person getting in the pre-emptive strike by apologising to people for the probability that their tea was already at a perfect drinking temperature :lol: One chap came back for a second cup, though, so it couldn't have been that bad...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now