Any DS in Surrey/Kingston sitting for Queen Elizabeth ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MSC

Any DS in Surrey/Kingston sitting for Queen Elizabeth ?

Post by MSC »

Just wondering, how many here in Surrey/Kingston whose child is sitting for Queen Elizabeth, Barnet (boys) or did attempt last few years? Anyone whose children already at QE and commuting (more like driving their child) from Kingston?! Grateful if you could share your thoughts and advice.

I know it's quite a distance form Kingston, but relocation is now an option for me.

Thanks.

Registration last date: 23 July, 2014 ... tick tock... trying to decide...
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
Daogroupie

Re: Any DS in Surrey/Kingston sitting for Queen Elizabeth ?

Post by Daogroupie »

Register. You have nothing to lose. If you get a good rank and can relocate, great, if not then don't apply. Hundreds of prep boys sit whose parents have no intention of sending them there. They just use it as a free mock. DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

+1

You will have more options available. But make sure you know the QE policy about A Level subject offerings.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Thanks!!

Looking at this excellent thread on QE Geographical Spread map done recently by barnetmumof2, my location is a "stone throw" in comparison to some !!! :-)

Actually, from Richmond station, it's "only" about an hour ish for me to get to New Barnet station, not much longer commute to the Suttons, in fact better, as I commute to central London a few days a week from Richmond anyway.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=37182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Well, yes, if you are near to Richmond Station and London Overground is running without signal problems, that's a good option.

Somehow, few times, I tried Richmond-Hempstead, had some thing or other wrong with London OG around Willesden Junction.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Yes TB, Richmond station is not far, especially cutting from the park.

Tried to research on the A level offering you mentioned - could you enlighten me?! Thanks.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Don't want to scare you, but there is a collection of threads on QE in Herts section.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=31519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You and your DS would just need to know that QE may not allow taking A level subjects of your choice, if grades are not upto their standard in their internal exams. If you know this from the outset, you could work for it and also keep other options open.

In my view, a fantastic school with strong discipline and great sporting facilities and lot of emphasize on other extra-curricular activities.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Ah, yes , I read that - about the choice. Sounds very much like TGS to an extent. My very own A level was the same - you've got to show track record before you attempt the subjects. I am so used to that. I don't have a big problem with that to be honest - if my DS signs up to sit for certain subjects, he might as well be up for it and proven his ability in those subjects, otherwise, a waste of time!
Last edited by MSC on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Great. All set then.
MSC

Post by MSC »

tiffinboys wrote:Great. All set then.
Just registered! Now, back to drawing board. Been encouraged by his recent tests outcome after the Sutton mocks. Been working on his speed. At the end of this, I hope to start a practice as a "speed " coach! :-)

Any advice on adjustments from my Tiffin School and Suttons focused preparations DG and TB?!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now