Dartford Grammar Induction day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salsa

Dartford Grammar Induction day

Post by salsa »

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that my son absolutely loved the day. He was so enthusiastic and happy! He said he already had made friends which is a great relief as we are from out of area.

In the evening, we were very impressed by the year seven boy giving his speech!

I just felt like saying to Mr Oakes "you had me on hello"! :D My husband and I were very happy and impressed. We felt he was going to a wonderful school.

Did your sons have the same experience?

Did you feel the same way?

Cheers!
bondgirl

Re: Dartford Grammar Induction day

Post by bondgirl »

Hi salsa

So pleased you and your DS enjoyed it :D DS was one of the boys providing musical entertainment whilst the parents were waiting for the speeches last night (I sneaked in to watch). It really is a fantastic school. I'm sure your DS will be very happy.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thank you bondgirl.

The music was very impressive too! Well done to your son!
Mimi73

Post by Mimi73 »

Hi Salsa

My son enjoyed the induction day too, he came out buzzing! I was so relieved but he was quite lucky as he when in with quite a few of his friends. My son is now looking forward to starting in September

We to were impressed with the evening meeting and enjoyed all the speeches.

I have to agree with you I think it's going yo ba a wonderful school for our Sons.

:)

Ps Music was amazing to .
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi,
Have you seen the reading list? Very interesting and some challenging texts. Funny to have homework before you've started school.
Mimi73

Post by Mimi73 »

Hi Salsa

Panicked when they said they had been sent home with a reading list! Thought great he has already forgotten something! so happy to see that email today! Some interesting choices on there!
salsa

Post by salsa »

Oh they will loose things alright! I found my son in the morning with both ties on the floor. When I asked him he informed me that in YouTube, the second most viewed 'how to' video was how to tie a tie. Well, I informed him that his father could show him in the flesh! Can't have YouTube deny my husband the ritual of teaching his son about ties! Mind you, he helpfully informed my son how many ties he lost whilst at school!
Maybe I should search 'how not to loose your tie'!