Last year's exams in Bexley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
paperwork

Last year's exams in Bexley

Post by paperwork »

The pass mark in Bexley was 430 last year. Please, does anyone know what was the maximum possible score. 430 out of ?
Also, it would be so helpful to know what scores (approximately) the children who passed have been getting on NFER practice papers at home prior to exams.
Any replies would be much appreciated.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I think I read somewhere that each paper is marked out of 140 so the maximum possible mark is 560.

Our primary school headteacher said a couple of years ago that we should be getting over 75% in practice papers. But then, of course, there's standardisation which can help younger children. My son who passed two years ago had marks ranging from 60% to 90% in practice papers - not helpful I guess! It depended entirely on how co-operative he was feeling. I suppose, as a rough guess, he generally got 80-90% for VR and NVR (but some of that would be with my help and not timed), Maths was lower (even though it's his best subject) and English was dreadful. When it came to it he got 471 and his marks were evenly spread amongst the four papers. Having done this twice I realise practice test results aren't necessarily a great indicator - certainly not if you're looking at a child who will pull their finger out when it comes to the real thing.
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Hi ,

last year the 4 exams each had a maximum mark of 140, so the maximum score was 560.
As you say, the pass mark was 430. The top 180 mark was 490 or above.

My daughter had over the 490, so was in the top 180. I cannot really say what percentages she was getting in the VR and NVR practice tests, but by the end, she was getting the majority right. If it helps , she was getting good level 5's by the end of year 5. I would say she is bright, but she is not a child genius by any stretch of the imagination! Hope this puts things into some kind of perspective for you

all the best

Bexley
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now