Ice cream makers and bread makers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Azure

Ice cream makers and bread makers

Post by Azure »

I have been recommended Panasonic bread maker and magimix ice cream maker. Anyone experience of these? Someone said Panasonic loaves taste good but not crunchy. I love a noisy crust :lol:
hermanmunster

Re: Ice cream makers and bread makers

Post by hermanmunster »

I have a panasonic bread maker and sometimes the crust is crunchy - depends on the mix I think - I also opt for the "darker crust" as this tends to mean it is crunchier too.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Bread makers, I would go Panasonic every time. We don't often cook the bread in the bread maker, but just use it to mix and knead the dough, then cook it in the oven, but when we have the crust is crusty. I guess it depends on the recipe and how long it's allowed to prove etc.

Ice cream make wise, we have a £40ish Philips one. Comes with a disk you put in the freezer (rather than a bowl, which other types use) and definitely makes lovely ice cream and sorbets.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I use my Panasonic breadmaker every day, mainly to knead and prove as I cook it in the oven, we prefer the traditional shape! They are built to last - ours must be at least 12 years old now.

I have a Gino d'Campo ice cream maker, under 30 quid from Robert Dyas, it's basic but we font use it that often to be honest.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Panasonic breadmaker here too - crust goes crunchy on the darker setting :wink:
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Another vote for Panasonic here.

Could do with recommendations for a blender capable of doing proper crushed (not just splintered) ice though - so ds1 can assuage what is becoming an expensive addiction to Frapuccino style iced drinks, by making them at home instead.
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

Panasonic here too - I have tried a J*hn L*wis one as well but not nearly so good.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Panasonic breadmaker here too. No fancy "darker crust settings" though, because it must have been one of the very first machines sold in this country.

We bought it in John Lewis (well, Peter Jones, actually) on a temporary shelf ticket, back in 1994. I think they were virtually unknown here before that.

We were inspired to buy one after visiting friends in the USA, and it is still going strong!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Panasonic here too! :)

Very happy with it.
Etienne
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

+1
We are on our third (first bought at about the same time as yours S-A)
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now