Car Share to Langley from Southall Lady Margaret Road

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

goodraw

Car Share to Langley from Southall Lady Margaret Road

Post by goodraw »

Hi, My DS is going to LGS in Sept, and we're looking for car share or minibus from Lady Margaret Rd, UB1 area; would anybody like to arrange something,or knows a good minibus from this area?
tiffinboys

Re: Car Share to Langley from Southall Lady Margaret Road

Post by tiffinboys »

Much faster could be the train from Southall to Langley.
goodraw

Post by goodraw »

Yes that is an option, but I consider him a bit young to travel on his own, which he'll have to that method; I suppose if he were travelling with other kids, that would differant; would you know if lot of children use the train from southall?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Hordes of secondary pupils of all ages travel by train around our area, some of them from as far away as 30-odd miles Sorry, but getting DC used to using public transport is one of my 'things' - much more convenient to be able to get the next bus / train if you miss the one you were aiming for, rather than having to get a parent to come and fetch you, and much easier for joining in with after-school activities :) . Assuming that you want to, of course.

Have you actually done the school journey by train with your DS? Unfortunately, unless Slough schools break up very late it's a bit late now to find out first hand how many others use the train - I would suspect quite a few, if the school is a popular choice from around your way. It looks like be a pretty straightforward journey.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
goodraw

Post by goodraw »

Thanks ToadMum, I agree they should be getting used to travelling alone, I actually phoned the school today, to find they broke up Friday...train is the quickest way, but the journey to the school from station is 15 mins walking; in this type of weather its ok, but I'm thinking middle of winter? I suppose if you want to go to a grammer of your choice, which he is doing, then you have to put up with a certain ammount of difficulty.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Well, I have no idea how flat or otherwise Langley is, only ever whizzed through it or past it, so to speak, but just to encourage you, our nearest grammar schools are about 20 minutes' walk from the station which is down the hill from our house and quite a lot of the hordes I mentioned are heading there or to the RC secondary opposite them. In all weathers - the trains run when the mummies / daddies / private mini-coach drivers won't even venture out of the door :wink:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx