MEDWAY 11+ APPEAL LETTER

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ER2211

MEDWAY 11+ Review letter

Post by ER2211 »

My Son missed out by 9 points and took it very well. However I did not. :cry:

Some of his friends passed but only just and couldn't believe my Son didn't.

So we went to Headteacher at school yesterday who agrees my Son is grammar school material.

We are trying to put together an appeal on various grounds but wanted to find out if anyone has already done this to Medway Council yet?

New to this forum and have found it very comforting :)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Unlike the review process, there is a national framework for appeals, and so these will be basically the same everywhere (though with varying success rates!).

Will be happy to help with any general questions you may have.

Meanwhile I hope someone from Medway will see your post and be able to offer some mutual support.

You've successfully cleared the first hurdle, which is to get headteacher support!

Good luck
Etienne
ER2211

Thank you for support

Post by ER2211 »

Appreciate you responding so quickly.

I am in the middle of drafting an appeal today so as not to miss the deadline of this Friday 23 November 2007.

We do have extenuating circumstances but unsure how much personal information to provide? Would like some guidance on this, if possible.

Still finding my way around this site.
Etienne

Re: Thank you for support

Post by Etienne »

If you haven't already done so, have a look at the Q&As (link at top of page), especially section B.
E12 gives some advice on an appeal letter against non-qualification (but will need adapting for your own authority and circumstances).

You don't need to go into too much detail at the moment. That gives you more time to prepare. I recommend brief bullet points at this point in time.

You can expand on your case at the hearing itself (or even send in additional information a week or two before the hearing date).

Do let us know if we can be of any further help.
Etienne
Katie

Post by Katie »

Good luck with your appeal - the best thing you've done is visit this site - it's invaluable, or rather Etienne is invaluable. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now