Tgs advice needed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
viv108

Tgs advice needed

Post by viv108 »

Hi guys

My dd is currently in year 3, going into year 4 and we would like to prepare her for tiffin girls over the next coule of years. Due to the addition of English and maths now in the selection process, can someone tell me what the best material/book is out there for me to begin my preparation for the exams?

Thanks in advance.
tiffinboys

Re: Tgs advice needed

Post by tiffinboys »

Starting point should be the recent past threads. Lot of info is already there and would be helpful to you, as you will get number of tips.

Also see the 'Preparation' section of this website.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/prepar ... -3-year-4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And pls keep in mind that TGS may yet make changes to its entrance tests.
viv108

Post by viv108 »

Hi tiffin boys - thanks for replying. I did actually do that but a lot of conversations i read were from before the English and Maths addition.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Can't put finger at just one or two books. Try to cover KS2 curriculum to level 5 or 6 by the end of year 5. That should be enough.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

I'm sure not everyone will agree with me, as the usefulness of Bond books meets with a mixed reception on here... but when preparing for TGS stage 2 my DD and I found the Bond "How to do 11 plus English" and "How to do 11 plus maths" useful as checklists. We already felt she was being supported well at school with the ks2 curriculum as she was working on level 6 English and Maths material at the end of year 5. She had a tutor for the VR/NVR test and alongside this work the tutor also got her to do some private school past papers such as those from Haberdashers' Aske's school (available to download from their website).
viv108

Post by viv108 »

Thanks guys!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now