Numpty Moment!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Numpty Moment!

Post by doodles »

Come on 'fess up, we've all had them. Let's have a summer giggle.

I'll kick it off with mine today. Bbq for friends on Sunday, I'm making coleslaw, back from holiday today so ordered groceries before I left. I thought I'd ordered 5 carrots but apparently not, it would appear that I ordered 5 kilos :shock: Anybody got a horse? :lol:
southbucks3

Re: Numpty Moment!

Post by southbucks3 »

Doodles, my whole life is a series of numpty moments joined together with stretches of unsettled sleep. Were I to list my numptiness it would fill the screen. I try and mentally return myself to the go getting sales exec of old, whizzing round London and the south east in my turbo charged company car, but 11 years of being mentally tormented by small irrational people has turned my brain to mush. :cry:
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

doodles wrote:Come on 'fess up, we've all had them. Let's have a summer giggle.

I'll kick it off with mine today. Bbq for friends on Sunday, I'm making coleslaw, back from holiday today so ordered groceries before I left. I thought I'd ordered 5 carrots but apparently not, it would appear that I ordered 5 kilos :shock: Anybody got a horse? :lol:
A friend ordered her Christmas groceries using the home delivery service from Tesco. For out of stock items Tesco offer a substitute. She was informed that they were out of savoy cabbages but they could substitute with sprouts, which she accepted.

They substituted her one savoy cabbage with one sprout...
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

They substituted her one savoy cabbage with one sprout...[/quote]

:lol: couldnt stop laughing
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Mine would all "out" me if I told them (there are many...)
scary mum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Actually, I have one which only one person knows. Recently I was meeting a friend in London. I go to London reasonably often & usually take one route. On this particular occasion I was really looking forward to meeting my friend & texted her to say I would see her in a few minutes. In a moment of stupidity I set off in the wrong direction on my usual route (wrong train line altogether) & then couldn't tell her I had gone wrong as I was underground. After a trip around half of a London I eventually found her :oops: Automatic pilot - brain addled by stress I think.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Fatnorville wrote:
doodles wrote:Come on 'fess up, we've all had them. Let's have a summer giggle.

A friend ordered her Christmas groceries using the home delivery service from Tesco. For out of stock items Tesco offer a substitute. She was informed that they were out of savoy cabbages but they could substitute with sprouts, which she accepted.

They substituted her one savoy cabbage with one sprout...

That would be fine here, dh is the only person that likes them and we like to limit his intake! :oops: :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Numpty moments? Last week when it was just getting light I awoke in a cold sweat to a pitter-patter sound on the landing. I knew it couldn't be a mouse as we'd had a visit from one before and never heard it, so decided it must either be a ***** great spider ( :roll: ) or a rat! Sure enough, in ran a rodent as expected and DH awoke to inhoherent shrieks about the rat in the room....closer inspection of said rodent when it reappeared from under the bed revealed it to be without a tail, white in colour and looking very much like DD's hamster who'd escaped from his cage and come all the way upstairs to find her....! :oops:
Marylou
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:Actually, I have one which only one person knows. Recently I was meeting a friend in London. I go to London reasonably often & usually take one route. On this particular occasion I was really looking forward to meeting my friend & texted her to say I would see her in a few minutes. In a moment of stupidity I set off in the wrong direction on my usual route (wrong train line altogether) & then couldn't tell her I had gone wrong as I was underground. After a trip around half of a London I eventually found her :oops: Automatic pilot - brain addled by stress I think.
Scary, I am sure your friend didn't mind waiting (in uncomfortable shoes and searing heat, without hearing from you) as I bet it was worth it when you met up. I am reliably informed that this same person this week got her son (who had got back from a school trip at 330am) up for an 850 doctor's appointment the day after he got back. The son was, I understand, none too amused to discover his mother had got the day wrong so he had to get up the next day as well.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Where's the "like" button when you need it? I once took one of my children the the orthodontist on the wrong day :oops:
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now