PMs

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

PMs

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

What is the difference bewteen the "sentbox" and the "outbox"??

Ta
Herman
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Herman

If you send a message it will sit in the OUTBOX until the person you have sent it to, picks it up. Once the receiver has opened the message it will go into your SENTBOX...

OUTBOX = Not opened/received

SENTBOX = opened/received

Patricia
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Many thanks Patricia - makes sense now!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Hermanmunster

Just to add to that, if you open a message that is still sitting in your Outbox to re-read it, it will stay there forever - it becomes the equivalent of a draft message in Outlook Express.

However, once it is in your Sentbox, i.e. has been picked up by the recipient, you can open it to read it again.

If you mistakenly re-open a message in your Outbox, you need to copy and paste the text into a new message and send it again.

Tortuous! :roll:

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Darling Sally-Anne

May I say...

I have often looked at messages again in my outbox, mainly to edit, they have NEVER got stuck and eventually make their way to the sentbox...

Patricia
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

patricia wrote:Darling Sally-Anne

May I say...

I have often looked at messages again in my outbox, mainly to edit, they have NEVER got stuck and eventually make their way to the sentbox...

Patricia
same here as you, Queen P

What happens when your INBOX and OUTBOX are 100% fu11?

I have lost valuable fan mail/ hate mail/ Bar Mitzvah Invitation/ Correspondence from DB/ telephone numbers/ Baby shower Do....

How can I get them back or are they forever lost in cyberspace???
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Laid back son worried mum wrote: What happens when your INBOX and OUTBOX are 100% fu11?

I have lost valuable fan mail/ hate mail/ Bar Mitzvah Invitation/ Correspondence from DB/ telephone numbers/ Baby shower Do....

How can I get them back or are they forever lost in cyberspace???
Delete!!!

Choose the ones you want to delete in your 'inbox', by clicking on the left hand box beside each, then at the bottom of the page click on the 'delete Marked' button.

:) :) :)

Bewildered wrote:Delete!!!
Choose the ones you want to delete in your 'inbox', by clicking on the left hand box beside each, then at the bottom of the page click on the 'delete Marked' button.
:) :) :)
I do, I do, I do, Bewildered :lol: !

My boxes are overflowing but I can't just delete my precious mail and cast them aside.

Every one is a gem, whether they are fu11 of humour or drenched in pain...yes, even the " I'm going to get you for that" from Appeal Mum and "Please leave your brains to medical science as we would like to understand how a normal mind goes crazy after the 11+ exams".
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

patricia wrote:Darling Sally-Anne

May I say...

Patricia
Ah, so you were ignoring me then? :lol:

Truly, I have had messages that have stuck for days and days when other messages have been retrieved by the same person (you, darling P)!

LBSWM

The best thing to do is copy the messages you want to keep into a Word document.

Another word of advice - be VERY careful when deleting messages. It is too easy to hit the "Delete All" button instead of the "Delete Marked" button. :cry:

Sally-Anne

SDSA wrote:The best thing to do is copy the messages you want to keep into a Word document.
does this mean that posts get automatica11y deleted past a certain number?

There wi11 never be a pg 381 of me55ages and a11 my precious info is lost?

Maybe people can send me some more :lol: ...I'11 take anything :cry: ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now