Can my child pass the Warwickshire 11+ 2014?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Parmjit123

Can my child pass the Warwickshire 11+ 2014?

Post by Parmjit123 »

Hi all,
As you may know that the 11+ Warwickshire 2014 exam is approaching, I was wondering whether my child can pass? He has had 11 months of private tutoring and he is in Year 5 going into Year 6 in September. He achieved lots of 4A's and 5c's in his report for year 5. I am just really stressed! I gave him a 11+ CEM Non Verbal Reasoning practice paper today and he only achieved 73.9% and I gave him an 11+ CEM Verbal Reasoning practice paper and he achieved 93.3% which is brilliant but I'm not too sure on the Non Verbal Reasoning. He struggles a lot with Comprehension as well. Does anyone know any websites where I can access free CEM 11+ papers other than the CGP ones? Also do you think he can pass based on the figures above? He is quite strong in Mathematics. He works very well under timing and always has 3 minutes spare to check his work. I want him to go to Ashlawn so he can be with his brother who successfully passed (just about!)

Many Thanks,
Parmjit Sandhu
rabbie burns

Re: Can my child pass the Warwickshire 11+ 2014?

Post by rabbie burns »

Impossible to say really because you don't know how he will react on the day. However, what you describe is on a par with my ds last year and he got a good enough mark for any school in Birmingham. Hope this helps.
JPH1

Re: Can my child pass the Warwickshire 11+ 2014?

Post by JPH1 »

Hello,

We were in the same position back in 2010 and what our son said after the exam was that the Bond books of non-verbal reasoning were as close to the exam as possible, the 'cube' type of questions with development of the form and what the cube looks like in different orientations. We have friends who have also had son's and daughter who have recently sat the exam and they say the same.

Our son flew through the 11 plus at is at LSS