Cloze King Edward writing on separate sheet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
catwoman

Cloze King Edward writing on separate sheet

Post by catwoman »

Hi all
From what i've already heard is it right that there will be an extra sheet to answer the clozes unlike the Queen Marys (writing actually on the sheet). So i imagine on the answer sheet the full word for example ha_ _t_ _ will be on the answer sheet and instead of directly writing it on the passage sheet our DC will be writing the answers on the answer sheet :?:

I hope that makes sense :?
moseleymum

Re: Cloze King Edward writing on separate sheet

Post by moseleymum »

I don't know for sure but the familiarisation booklet says there is no separate answer sheet and answers are to be written in the booklet

http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org ... ooklet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thanks Moseleymum :)
From looking at the forum, in the past ( King Edwards) there has always been a seperate answer sheet like in the cpg books where you mark a, b,c or d , but as you say on the familiarisation booklet it appears that it may be similiar to the Queen Marys.

I think i'll just have to prep my Ds for both methods, although I have been saying to him that there will be a seperate answer sheet for weeks now :? ...i suppose as someone said on this forum before 'expect the unexpected' and that you can't always rely on the familiarisation booklet :?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Hi,

Just popping in from bucks cem.

If you look at our familiarisation, you will see the great lengths they go to describing the separate sheet, so I think you are safe. Lucky too, as the separate sheet (in Orange tiny text) was the downfall of many many children last year, it is truly rubbish if you have anything but perfect vision and tracking.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Hi SB3
Sorry
So are you saying its unlikely that there will be a seperate answer sheet... :?:
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Bucks sheet is different to ours re answering

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/1303024 ... -14513.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I remember hearing last year that children here in Birmingham didn't follow the instructions on how to answer correctly and there was a lot of upset over it. I thought the familiarisation was the best clue but happy to be corrected.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

catwoman wrote:Hi SB3
Sorry
So are you saying its unlikely that there will be a seperate answer sheet... :?:
Highly unlikely catwoman, in fact I will say for definite you will not have a separate answer sheet, the bucks familiarisation spends two pages showing how to fill in the separate answer sheet, which yours omits.
This information is of course useless if you cannot track easily from question to answer sheet and need to remember to use your rubber or a line guide to keep your place :cry: much much easier if the answer slots are under each question.
Also the familiarisation guide obviously has only ten? Answer slots, unlike the real sheet of 100, with blocks of 28 without a line break.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Oh that would be lovely tbh as it seems very stressful for our Dc to be tracking everything as there already under alot of pressure as it is, thanks sb3 and moseleymum :)
um

Post by um »

There has never been a separate answer sheet in the past for the Bham examination.

Children have always written the answers straight onto the paper.

There is no indication that this will change this year. However children should always listen carefully to the instructions given.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now