League tables already!

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

League tables already!

Post by moved »

The Telegraph has published an interactive map showing school performance at GCSE. rather annoying that the media already has this information and our children still have another week to wait.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/le ... mance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
honscupboard

Re: League tables already!

Post by honscupboard »

Thanks moved, at least I now know DD has passed english, maths and has 3 others as she is part of a cohort that is showing 100% in that catagory!!!!Good old Daily Telegraph!!! :D
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Thanks moved :)
Sue123

Post by Sue123 »

Have a careful look - I think that the table refers to 2013 data and is simply very misleadingly labelled. See date of article underneath (23 January 2014! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/le ... mance.html Not sure I have done the link correctly, apologies if I haven't.
If anyone knows for a fact that the interactive data refers to this year's exams, please correct me.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

The table does seem to be the one released in Jan 2014

Interesting how the total points average per child is seemingly totally irrelevant when comparing schools, as the upper around here with poor a-c results had relatively high points. Presumably the children do a series of gcse exams that suit their own talents, which is brilliant, but only if the school manage to get their maths and English to a reasonable level as well.
Last edited by southbucks3 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moved

Post by moved »

Oops, sorry! :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now