Newstead Wood NVR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
onlyson

Newstead Wood NVR

Post by onlyson »

Good morning,

I'm prepping dd for the exam and I was just wondering if anybody knows whether or not the exams have in the 3d and net cube questions. Dd and myself are finding these rather challenging :( ...is there any special technique to them,help needed :?
LauraA

Re: Newstead Wood NVR

Post by LauraA »

Hello Onlyson
Unfortunately I can not help you with advice on how to teach/explain net cubes/3D shapes as my daughter and I have struggled with these as well, I can just tell you that last year there were no questions on these 2 subjects. So we were lucky. I remember though that I raised these concerns with my daughter's tutor and she assured me back then that even if they included these into the exam paper, there would only be very few and overall it would not affect my daughter's result even if she answered all of them incorrectly.
Whether this is true or not, I can not confirm as there were no questions related cubes, but I would not stress too much on this subject.

Good luck!
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

Thanks LauraA!! I do hope it's the same this year. I'll be do glad when all three exams are over and done with...roll on September 26th :D
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

**so**
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Yes, I really envy the Kent and Bexley lot who have finished now! Isn't it hard to keep the momentum going? But at least we can ditch those hideous cloze questions and jumbled sentences- and maths!
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

Yep,it's been really hard to keep DD going after the Kent and Bexley tests especially as there are only two other girls taking it. We're going to the open day so hopefully that'll do the trick...fingers crossed
:? :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now