Shoes for long skinny girls feet

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Reading Mum

Shoes for long skinny girls feet

Post by Reading Mum »

Apart from Clarks are there any other places/brands that come up slim fitting or have width fittings?

My DD has always been an E fitting and was a 5.5E last year (yr 7). We took a trip to Clarks to try on the 6Es I had ordered to store only to be told that her feet have had a growth spurt and she in now a 7D (verging on 7.5C in one foot). This is a nightmare - we have ordered in the 2 styles Clarks could offer in this size but does anyone else have other suggestions if they don't fit?

It's my own fault as I was a size 7 at the beginning of senior school but not particularly tall - I eventually grew into the feet and reached 5'11".
DD is currently only 5' but hopeful :)
KS10

Re: Shoes for long skinny girls feet

Post by KS10 »

Clarks are your best bet, I think. They should be ok as DD has just got her new pair - 7E:
http://www.clarks.co.uk/c/girls-school-shoes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (No Breeze)

Sorry I don't know of any other places.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

thanks - hopefully whatever they are getting in will fit. Luckily she knows she just has to have what fits and long ago gave up on having fashion shoes. Just cursing that we bought new Converses at the start of the summer and they are already a bit snug.
No idea what the grandparents fed her!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Start-Rite were always very good for awkward feet. Not sure if they are still going though
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Just checked, Start-rite are still going , they do a D width. They have quite a good website.
Ally

Post by Ally »

My DS has narrow odd sized feet, think it worse with boys.
He's a D / E fitting but luckily has small feet for a 15yr old. Left foot size 7.5 and Right foot 8.5! Lace up are best, slip-ons the worst for narrow feet.
I really have to shop around as it's so difficult to find E fitting shoes in stock at Clarks (on-line or in-store). We live in Herts, but I've previously reserved shoes from the Exeter store and done a detour whilst on holiday to pick them up.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Start-rite are great as if nothing fits and you have to send the shoes back they credit back all the delivery charges and they have free returns anyway.

I was a size 9 when I started in year 7 and in those days it was impossible to get large sized women's shoes. I am not sure that I have ever grown into my feet :(
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

7.5 is a terrible size to be especially in the UK. Narrow is even worse.

One I have heard of is Special Feetures, might be worth a look, but haven't tried myself yet.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I tried to convince DD a few years ago that designing shoes for little girls with big/long feet was the way to go when we had real problems finding child-friendly bridesmaids' shoes. She doesn't think she'd be good at it anymore.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Thanks all - the 7Ds slip a bit at the heel but I had to buy them as they were the best we came across. I have got some heel grips to see if that helps - my memory of them is that the glue always melted and they slid around but hopefully technology has improved since then.