Plastic folders for each subject

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MamaBear

Plastic folders for each subject

Post by MamaBear »

I remember reading a few parents recommended an A4 plastic folder to store exercise books, textbooks and other worksheets for each subject.
Is A4 big enough or will it be too snug?
scary mum

Re: Plastic folders for each subject

Post by scary mum »

Too snug - you need either foolscap or A3. Somewhere on here there is a thread about this. I'll see if I can find it. Ooh, is it time to talk about covering books with plastic again??My favourite time of year :lol: :lol: :oops:
scary mum
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Yes its that time again, we had to cover our math textbook with offcuts of wallpaper to protect it. Bizarre but no one dared argue with Miss Hewitt!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I found this one, which made me smile (also was interested to see how many of the same people were still posting (where's scarlett at the moment, a sticky back plastic thread should draw her out) - will see if I can find the one about bags - it will be September 2013 or 2014 I would imagine.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 2&start=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited to add:

Here it is:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=21102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Ah thanks for the links Scary Mum - I was standing paralysed in Staples earlier today, trying to remember which folders had been recommended here (and failing of course) :lol: Didn't buy any in the end, I'm doing a wait and see thing, which is probably very foolish and disorganised of me...
doodles

Post by doodles »

Foolscap are a better size and I'm getting stupidly excited about sticky back plastic; my favourite time of year :oops:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

WHS that well known high street stationary shop, has sticky back plastic in pink and blue as well as clear. Even DD was getting excited about it! :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I bought sbp from whs last year and it seems to stick to everything... Except books. :roll:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Just to up the game a little bit the the teachers asked son number one in year 7 to design clever collages for their exercise books and then coat them in sbp in not just art, but German 're, history, Latin and geography. :twisted:
After spending a large amount of time on the German book, enthusiasm waned until the final one, art, was basically his name and class using word art. Guess which subject teacher gave out rewards for the best! I told him he should have showed her his German book instead! :lol:
This delightful exercise meant a full week in snippy bits of paper, pritt stick and sbp he*l, with son number one, dh and I arguing about who was responsible for the biggest bubbles as we did the pull out/ruler smoothing trick. :lol:
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Ha ha yes DD1 had to do the collage bit with several of her books too. The process was so painful (for me) that I made her photocopy the finished book covers so that I could offer them to DD2 and DD1 to stick on their books when the time comes!