KE exam on the day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
spytek

KE exam on the day

Post by spytek »

Hello everyone

My DD will be sitting her exam on the 6th and I'm probably more nervous about it than she is. I would like to know if stationary will be provided at the exam or will she need to bring her own? Also in the actual exam papers themselves, will each section contain an example question/answer?

Thanks

Rob
Doodlemum

Re: KE exam on the day

Post by Doodlemum »

Rob, we are in the same boat and I too am getting nervous!

Unfortunately I can't answer your question, but have a further question.
I'm presuming the children are given working out paper for the maths or is there room for working out on the paper?

Thanks!
WindowGlass

Post by WindowGlass »

I thought they always give very clear instructions on the letter giving the date and time of the exam?
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

My DS sat the exam last year and I recall we received clear instructions on what we needed to bring in terms of stationary and a drink / snack. Assuming the KE Foundation haven't changed their communications, if you haven't received this you may not have received all of the joining instructions. If in doubt check with them them of friends who have DC sitting the exam.

My DS didn't say a lot about the content, so cannot comment on whether example Q&A are included on the paper.
Ditto scrap paper, but if in doubt just write on the question paper, as long as you don't corrupt the answer sheet.
spytek

Post by spytek »

All I've received so far is a confirmation of the test date and location and that further details will be posted to me after the August bank holiday. Nothing more is mentioned in the letter regarding stationary etc.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Hi

Your response does suggest you can expect further instructions. I suspect this might have further information about stationary.

Unfortunately I cannot recall the detail of our letters other than the recommendation to take a snack. ("...take a piece of fruit...not crisps or fizzy pop...")

If in doubt, take a few pencils, an eraser, a ruler, a pen, a sharpener. If they are not required your DC can put them on the floor where they will not get in the way. No harm done.
adhdad

Post by adhdad »

hello,

writing material will be supplied.

no rough paper

child may bring a simple read storybook, no puzzle books to read prior to test.

just had a letter today.

hope it helps
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Yes the letter today should clear up all queries.

You only need to take the letter and the form which you have to sign. A snack/reading book if you want and a watch (kids took a stopwatch on previous occasions but didn't want to waste time using it so it was a bit pointless).
um

Post by um »

Children are not supposed to bring their own stationery.

They receive two pencils and an eraser although of course they can always ask for more if they need it.

They can bring a book to read before the exam begins. My daughter took a magazine with her, if I remember correctly. It is better than just sitting staring at the wall as they could be waiting for some time. They should have a drink and snack for breaktime. Mine were very specific with their 'snack' requests - it was like ordering their death row final meal :roll:. Ds2's three course 'snack' had to be bought from Greggs the day before :lol:
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

um wrote:Children are not supposed to bring their own stationery.

They receive two pencils and an eraser although of course they can always ask for more if they need it.

They can bring a book to read before the exam begins. My daughter took a magazine with her, if I remember correctly. It is better than just sitting staring at the wall as they could be waiting for some time. They should have a drink and snack for breaktime. Mine were very specific with their 'snack' requests - it was like ordering their death row final meal :roll:. Ds2's three course 'snack' had to be bought from Greggs the day before :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Re: snacks!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now