Urmston Grammar UGS - Assessment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
edbarnes

Urmston Grammar UGS - Assessment

Post by edbarnes »

Hi
Can anyone whose child has already passed the exam for ugs in the past let me know if their child found the actual exam easier or harder than the nfer practice papers? My dd seems to be getting lower marks as we do more tests - we're doing them in the order 1-8. Also what was the average score they were achieving in the practice papers before they passed.
Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Urmston Grammar UGS - Assessment

Post by ToadMum »

edbarnes wrote:Hi
Can anyone whose child has already passed the exam for ugs in the past let me know if their child found the actual exam easier or harder than the nfer practice papers? My dd seems to be getting lower marks as we do more tests - we're doing them in the order 1-8. Also what was the average score they were achieving in the practice papers before they passed.
Thanks
You might get more of a response if you posted your query again in the relevant region - ?Trafford - rather than in 'General 11 Plus Topics' :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I've moved the thread to Trafford where you may get a better response.
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

I'm sorry I don't know but would be very interested to hear- has anyone's DC sat UGS on this forum?
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

DS didn't sit Urmston, but as I have said on here before, I think the GL papers are actually harder than any of the exams ( even Alty which is said to be the hardest).

With the caveat that my son sat several years ago and things may have changed.
Homebird

Post by Homebird »

Hi. My daughter took the exams last year. She was regularly getting between 70-80% in the GL practice papers with her highest scores always in the maths papers. She went on to pass for Urmston, Sale and Stretford and narrowly missed the pass mark for AGGS. Bizarrely her lowest mark in each of the exams was maths despite this being her strongest subject on the practice papers
Good luck.
edbarnes

Post by edbarnes »

Hi
Thanks for all the replies. Fingers crossed as my dc is getting around 70% so might be ok depending on how the others do.
I've been told by a few people that quite a few pupils leave Urmston within the first 6 months because of bullying - does anybody know if this is true?
Homebird

Post by Homebird »

I hope not as that's where my daughter is going! I know lots of people whose children go there and they and their children are very happy with the school. I have never heard of reports of bullying but I do know it goes on everywhere.
dajuni27

Post by dajuni27 »

my daughter did find UGS quite tough even though she had been getting good scores in practice papers. She did pass (and with a good score) so don't be disheartened if your DC finds the exam hard. She starts there tomorrow so I sincerely hope what you say about bullying is not true.
Good luck with the exams
me boo

Post by me boo »

Can only speak for my experience, but with one there and one about to start I have found it to be a lovely, inclusive school. I don't think any school can categorically state they have no bullying, but my DC have not seen evidence of bullying. I find the pastoral side of things to be excellent in lower school
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now