121 PASS MARK

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GREEN

121 PASS MARK

Post by GREEN »

HI PLEASE COULD SOME ONE EXPLAIN, MY SON HAS 121, WHICH IS PASS RATE AND MY CHOICE WAS BURNHAM GRAMMAR. DOES THIS MEAN WE DO HAVE A CHANCE TO BE CONSIDERED AND I DO LIVE IN THE CATCHMENT AREA

REGARDS

GREEN

Post by Guest »

yes definately that was the mark my son got in with last year and burnham was his second choice and also out of catchment in slough.
u can celebrate :)

Post by Guest »

I AM REALLY HAPPY FOR MY SON, TRIED REALLY HARD, I THINK WE ALL HAVE BUT WILL NOT THE HIGHER MARKS BE CONSIDERED FIRST AND MOST OF ALL, DO I WAIT NOW TILL MARCH FOR SELECTION PROCESS?

REGARDS

GREEN

Post by Guest »

Hi Green, Historically in previous years ALL children who qualified with 121 or above and also those who got through on appeal (my son) were all offered places at Burnham Grammar if on their form as i keep hearing it is the least popular of all the Bucks Grammars. However my son is currently in Year 8, we live in Cippneham too and he is loving every minute of it. Celebrate now and dont worry about allocation in March.

Congrats to you both

Sue
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Green

Congratulations! The mark your child scored is completely irrelevant - 121 is as good as 141, and means you will be offered a GS place.

The allocation of a school place will now (in most cases) depend on how you live from the school gates and whether you are in catchment.

If you are in catchment for Burnham and it was your first choice you should have little or no trouble in getting a place - the school was heavily undersubscribed this year.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now