Today's KE exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dottymum

Today's KE exam

Post by Dottymum »

How did everyone's dd's and ds's find it? I thought it was very well organised and kids were in and out promptly which was good. My dd sat it at Five ways. She is happy with how it went, now the wait!!!!
Buckbeak

Re: Today's KE exam

Post by Buckbeak »

Hi Dottymum. My DD took the test in Rose Hill. Went smoothly. Nice neat queue as parents waited with there DCs to enter. Traffic was OK. Didn't see any police. :-)

Someone to receive the children at the entrance. Well planned pick-up points....although they should have told parents and carers to wait back, and bring children out to meet them. Instead we had all the parents moving forwards, and the children not having any space to leave!! Still, everyone was well behaved.

DD said she was happy with the test.

She is ecstatic that her prep is over for good!! As are we......

Hooray.... :D :D :D
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

My daughter sat at 5 ways and we also thought the organisation was excellent.
She was very quiet when she came out and thought it was hard so we aren't too hopeful. I think we will have to continue with study and perhaps sit some of the I dependent exams and see how they go. At least this particular hurdle is over!
adhdad

Post by adhdad »

Oh the relief of the final whistle, ds said he coped well with most of it but found the comprehension part quite difficult. Hope everyone is well.
Sunflower2

Post by Sunflower2 »

My dd sat it at KE handsworth, very organized. My dd also struggled a bit with the comprehension. Hope she did enough in other areas to secure her a place. Good luck to all as we wait anxiously for results day.
psm

Post by psm »

Hi
From reading the posts above I am getting the feeling that the DC's found the test easy. This was also the feed back I got off my DC. If this is the case will it push the qualifying score a lot higher?
Any thoughts appreciated.
Dottymum

Post by Dottymum »

I do feel the same and it is making wonder also if the qualifying score will be quite high. Makes me panic!!!!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

My daughter took the exam at KE Handsworth yesterday and she was happy to put the entrance exams behind her. She now waits for the exam results and I hope she falls in the top 14 percentile and gains a mark over 230.
How were parents allocated the schools to take the exam? Was it by post code or by the date you sent your application? I am an Asian myself but it surprised to see very few non Asian faces. This was in sharp contrast to when my eldest daughter took the exam 9 years ago. The existing school is ethnically diverse.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I remember being told on this forum that those that found the test difficult usually got through... Never found out if this was true or not, this is going back 4 years or so

Good luck to all
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Easier test would not put the score up as standardisation means the average is always 200. What might is the record numbers registering to sit and less places for non Pupil premium children. Less supply and more demand should mean higher cut off scores. Time will tell. Good luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now