AGS students living in Warwick

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Miss Marple

AGS students living in Warwick

Post by Miss Marple »

Hi All AGS DP's,

I thought I'd start this thread to see if any Warwick DP's would like to lift share on days when their DC have after school clubs. My DS has just started in Year 8 at AGS and despite asking him on numerous occasions to mention it to his "friends/ mates/ buddies" on the bus he hasn't bothered!

I know that clubs haven't started yet, but I like to be organised :wink:
Last edited by Miss Marple on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesDean

Re: AGS students living in Warwick

Post by JamesDean »

Wow - which bus does he get, Miss Marple? We had to discount AGS last year as the logistics seemed impossible! DD has just gone into year 5 and says she'll only sit next year if she can go to Alcester, but I thought it impossible from Warwick :?

JD
Miss Marple

Post by Miss Marple »

There are two buses from Warwick - 139 from Hatton Park, which my DS takes and I think it's the 140 from Barford.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Hmmm, yes they were the only 2 routes I could find, both requiring a v early car journey from Warwick to catch them :(

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

If you can drive (I know not possible for all but maybe pool share as OP mentioned) then it's an easy journey, coming through claverdon and wootton wawen you can be there in 20-25 mins
Miss Marple

Post by Miss Marple »

Where abouts do you live JD?

I leave at around 7.10am to drive to Hatton Park, so that DS can be there in time for the 7.28am bus. I have to admit, the early mornings were difficult in the beginning but DS has coped brilliantly. To put the times into perspective, the bus to the local comp leaves about 15minutes later.

Despite the longer days DS still put his name down for after school clubs last year. Unfortunately, picking him up has sometimes clashed with after school activities of my other DC. But other than that DS has had a great year.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Miss Marple wrote:I leave at around 7.10am to drive to Hatton Park ...
And there's my problem - I need my DCs to be able to get themselves to school and back under their own steam, be it by bus or legs ...

Never mind, thought for a moment there might be another option. Thanks Miss Marple, although it doesn't help you with your lift share question ...

JD
thirdgeneration

Post by thirdgeneration »

That's a really early start to get to AGS from Warwick - we had discounted it for my DD who has just started in Year 7 at SGGS. However, we may consider it for our DS who is in Year 5 now as the options for boys in the Southern region otherwise are limited.

If we are fortunate enough to be in a position to consider AGS for our DS, we would certainly be interested in a car share to Alcester and back each day. I could drive 2 days a week, on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Would any other parents considering AGS be interested in a lift share arrangement in the future?

Sorry that doesn't help you now, Miss Marple, but maybe in a couple of years time!?
MissSparkle

Post by MissSparkle »

Hello. My DD has just been offered a place at AGS and we live in Warwick Gates. Hopefully she'll get a school bus place through the Vacant Seat Scheme, but if not I am very open to a car share arrangement. Anyone else open to it? Open to helping others around clubs etc as well. Let me know?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now