New Head at WBGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Cutting42

New Head at WBGS

Post by Cutting42 »

Hi All

Just heard this morning that Martin Post is leaving WBGS at the end of the summer term to join the DOE. I am pretty disappointed as I really liked Martin as head but I wish him luck in the future. The deputy - Mark Allchorn will take over until the Governors select a replacement. Mark was well liked when he helped out at Ricky so I am hopeful he will carry on the great work done by Martin.
3b1g

Re: New Head at WBGS

Post by 3b1g »

I'll be sad to see MP go, as I think he's very good, but I'm confident in MA's abilities as an acting head. Hope they appoint someone good as MP's successor.

I had half-thought HH would be the next to leave, but she seems to still be going strong.
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

3b1g wrote:I'll be sad to see MP go, as I think he's very good, but I'm confident in MA's abilities as an acting head. Hope they appoint someone good as MP's successor.

I had half-thought HH would be the next to leave, but she seems to still be going strong.

I have always said HH would only leave in a box and even then I am not sure :D
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

MA seems to be doing a good job so far. I wonder if he will be considered as an applicant for the permanent post?
Hera

Post by Hera »

Given that they interviewed in June, I think if it was going to be Mark it would have been announced. I think he is great so would be very happy if it turned out to be him.