didn't pass

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rash

didn't pass

Post by Rash »

Hi my daughter didn't pass, she scored 111 and 113 :( I would like to think about 12+, I know it is early but just would like to weigh our options. My question is what in invloved with the 12+ and when and where are the tests taken. Thanks in advance. and congratulations to all those who passed.
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Mine didn't pass either. We're not downhearted though. Well, nothing a dose of Pink Floyd can't resolve. :wink:

Fundamentally she is not ready for grammar school (despite being a Level 5 pupil) and it would be thoroughly damaging to even try to send her there.

C'est la vie.
reena

Re: didn't pass

Post by reena »

Rash wrote:Hi my daughter didn't pass, she scored 111 and 113 :( I would like to think about 12+, I know it is early but just would like to weigh our options. My question is what in invloved with the 12+ and when and where are the tests taken. Thanks in advance. and congratulations to all those who passed.
My daughter also didnt pass, she scored 113 and 112, (december birth) how do they work out the scores?? if she was alot younger would she have passed???

I would also be interested in 12+ and have no idea where to start.
She really wanted to go BG, she was doing so well with practice papers scoring 85 to 90%.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Rash,

If you do a search on 12+ there's quite a lot of information on here. You need to register during the first term of Y7 - the link for this year's info:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... =177570625

The test are usually sat in April - so that's April 2009 for your child - they need to get at least two level 5s in the KS2 tests.

I hope you have a good Upper close to you
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Rash and Reena

I am sorry to hear that your children didn't qualify. Reena, I'm afraid tha your daugther's scores would probably not have been a pass even if she was an Agust birthday.

The 12+ information that Guest55 has posted should help you both.

The children are 18 months older by the time they take the test, and the extra maturity does seem to help them.

Please bear in mind that there are no school places reserved for successful 12+ candidates, so you do really need to be in catchment and fairly close to a GS to have a chance of getting a place. That said, there are a number of Grammars that are undersubscribed at present because the cohort is fairly low, so there should be places in year 8 at several schools - BG and CHS in particular.

Sally-Anne
reena

Post by reena »

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi Rash and Reena

I am sorry to hear that your children didn't qualify. Reena, I'm afraid tha your daugther's scores would probably not have been a pass even if she was an Agust birthday.

The 12+ information that Guest55 has posted should help you both.

The children are 18 months older by the time they take the test, and the extra maturity does seem to help them.

Please bear in mind that there are no school places reserved for successful 12+ candidates, so you do really need to be in catchment and fairly close to a GS to have a chance of getting a place. That said, there are a number of Grammars that are undersubscribed at present because the cohort is fairly low, so there should be places in year 8 at several schools - BG and CHS in particular.

Sally-Anne

Hi Sally,
So what is my daughters overall score in percentage? test 1:113, test 2: 112.
:cry:
AnniesDad

Post by AnniesDad »

reena, the lack of transparency in the scoring systems means it's not possible to calculate a percentage from the final test score, as we aren't given the raw scores. Your daughter's score is only relevant against the average for her age group (month). An average raw score (out of 80) in your daughter's age group scores 111.
Rash

Post by Rash »

Dear Sally-Ann, Guess55, reena,Dad40,AnniesDad, Thank you for your post reply. My daughter, I always reffered to her as being a tomato in a sandwich. she has 3 siblings all with special needs, 95% of my time is spent with them Their education, safety, appointments and the list goes on. My younger one is under two so, I suppose that was the time when my elder daughter needed me the most to help with her 11+ practise. I know everyone has their own reasons for sending their child to a GS. but my reasons are that my D would be best placed in a all girls sch. because she gets
intimidated by boys, she is a very girly girl. Despite problems with sibling she has been average at her PS. A little extra help and I am sure she could achieve more. Thanks for reading.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now