Sats Results: Tiffin Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hina

Sats Results: Tiffin Girls

Post by hina »

Dear all
I am so sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question. But does Tiffin Girls take the Sats results into account? or all the girls are on same level regardless of what the results are? I know Coombe Girls stream line them accordingly.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Sats Results: Tiffin Girls

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I don't think previous results count for anything at TGS. They are being assessed now to detemine sets etc.
In any case I don't think it matters... this is only Year 7... settling in is more important than anything else.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:I don't think previous results count for anything at TGS. They are being assessed now to detemine sets etc.
SVE
Neither of Tiffins do settings in year 7, but do assess children to monitor their progress during the year. I am sure that peridot or other TGS parents could shed more light.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Yes, Tiffinboys, is correct - no setting or streaming or anything like that in year 7 as, as a selective school, they clearly don't think it's necessary. (Apart from PE where they are split into three sporting ability groups.) From what I can see the girls all work hard together at a fast pace.

I have no idea whether or not the school looks at SATS results, but what they will be doing at the moment is baseline assessments for all subjects. The girls then have assessments every few weeks - twice a term I think - the results of which you'll hear about in detail at parents' evening (no, sorry, I can't remember when that is!). So no setting but the school keeps a very close eye on progress.

My DD has just started year 8 and is now set for maths as well as PE. I'm not expecting her to be set for anything else. She doesn't bat an eyelid at constant assessments now - they are just part of normal school life to her.

They also all take up Spanish and Latin in year 8 in addition to French which they started in year 7.

Hope your daughters are settled in and enjoying TGS, Hina and SVE.
hina

Post by hina »

fantastic, thank you, yepp she's settling in well, she has English & french assessment in the past two days,:-) and PE too. all looking good so far.