Phoning schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sem

Phoning schools

Post by sem »

Just wondered if anyone had phoned schools for results?

Are the schools giving out results if asked?

My daughter didn't get Denmark but did get Ribston and I was wondering if anyone in a similar position had phoned the school to get results?

Many thanks :)

Post by Guest »

I rang Ribston this morning and they wouldn't give a score or rank. Daughter is very fortunate that she has had a letter from Stroud High saying she passed and is in the top 120. Pity all the schools couldn't give out fuller information.
guest87

Post by guest87 »

I was told by Ribston on Friday, that they would give ranking on Tuesday. Have they changed their mind?
sem

Post by sem »

Yes they have changed their mind. A friend phoned this morning and was told the Head had decided not to give out the scores!
She was also told they sent out 270 letters advising people their daughters had met the required standard for entry. There are 117 places available. :?

Post by Guest »

Yep - I was also told that the Head was away last week and has now decided not to give out rankings.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

You need to hope that of those 270,a big proportion will have registered for both Ribston and Denmark Road and maybe even Stroud High!
guest87

Post by guest87 »

There may be girls who registered at all 4 grammar schools available to them, including Pates.

Wish I had registered at SHS now, at least they gave some idea.

Why couldn't they all do the same thing! aahhhhhhhhh.

I'm going to forget about the whole mess and get on with it. There is nothing we can do if Ribston won't give out ranking.