Sevenoaks Tests Jan 2015

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Everycloud

Sevenoaks Tests Jan 2015

Post by Everycloud »

Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light :idea: on the format of the above please!

I'm aware of the Maths and English but it's the VR and NVR that I would like to know a bit more about - GL, Athey?

PettswoodFiona

Re: Sevenoaks Tests Jan 2015

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don't believe Sevenoaks do a non-verbal reasoning test, at least their admissions process for year 7 states "Maths, English and Verbal Reasoning, interview and report from a candidate's previous school". As you say the Maths and English paper examples are on their website but not the verbal reasoning unless they include it as part of the English test. We are looking at the school for 2016 entry so have some time, DD has set her heart on it, we think she'd thrive there, but the added issue for us it is only a reality if we get a lot of help with the fees. Good luck.
Everycloud

Post by Everycloud »

Thanks for your reply. Our DD has set her heart on Sevenoaks too - like you, we are hoping for some help with the fees!

We have just completed the application process and now the waiting begins :-(
mystery

Post by mystery »

I went to an open morning there last Saturday. The head said in her talk that there was verbal reasoning. I rather got the impression that it was on the interview day rather than on the exam day - but it wasn't as clear as it might have been. She said it would be a good idea to buy Bond books - didn't say which ones. She also said that at the interview they might be asked to read and some mental maths questions. She made no mention of NVR but I know someone who says they do include NVR somewhere or other ... I'm not sure where.

There are past English and Maths papers on their website apparently and I haven't read the blurb on there about what the tests are about as not really sure whether to give it a whirl or not. I suppose old tests are useful because they show you what isn't going to come up!

They made it sound like the reference from the current school is very important.

There was an opportunity to speak to the admissions people at the end but we had to scoot off. It might be worth contacting them direct. They all sounded quite approachable.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now