Tutor wanted Stratford area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Anna Karenina

Tutor wanted Stratford area

Post by Anna Karenina »

Hi All,

It's my first time here, so forgive me if I am in the wrong place. Does anyone know any good tutors in Startdord upon Avon area, please? My DD is only in Year 2 but reading through your posts it's obvious you need to start yearly! :D
Thank you

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
JamesDean

Re: Tutor wanted Stratford area

Post by JamesDean »

Really, there is no need to start tutoring a year 2 child for the Warks 11+!

Read to her and with her; make sure her number bonds and times tables are secure; play games - sedoku, scrabble - have fun! When the time comes (and she is willing) look for a tutor, but I really don't think its necessary until at least year 4, may be even year 5.

JD
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

And we know several youngsters who did well in the test without tutoring!
Anna Karenina

Post by Anna Karenina »

Thank you all for all your replies. I'll give it another year,then. Just out of the curiousity, what are the best books to have a look at for the CEM tests, please? :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now