rank for Crypt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guest07

rank for Crypt

Post by guest07 »

Just wondering if anyone who passed for Crypt received a ranking with their letter or just the score.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

We received just the score-ranking would be no use at the moment,as most of my sons' friends who passed either for Pates or Tommies also requested a score for Crypt-so all of these would be included too! With the new first preference system I am not holding out much hope of a place after all the higher scores have got one-if you have Tommies 1st choice because you have reached the qualifying score then Crypt 2nd choice and you dont get offered Tommies then the likelihood is you will get Crypt because of your score.Very complicated but it's the kids with the top scores who will benefit.
Glos Mum

Post by Glos Mum »

Hi Gloucestermum

I am in the same predicament as you in that my son passed with one mark to spare. I am hoping that, perhaps, the pass mark was adjusted to take account of the places available and that (hopefully) only 112 passed...wishful thinking perhaps?
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi Glosmum,
I think there will be well more than 112-all of DS friends who passed Tommies also passed Crypt so probably loads of qualifying for Crypt.Question is how many???
In past years they have admitted on the minimum score,as have Tommies,but with this new system I am not holding my breath....Its a long time until March 3rd!!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Glosmum-why don't you register then we can compare stories in a PM??
Would be good to know where abouts your DS goes to school etc then we can be stressed together! :wink:
Glos Mum

Post by Glos Mum »

Gloucestermum - I would like that!

Will register tonight - At work at the moment so having a sneaky peek on the website now and again!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

OK-let me know when you have registered,back to the washing for me!! Got home early from work,have to make the most of it...
glos mum

Post by glos mum »

will do !
AJ1

Post by AJ1 »

Thought it was bad enough waiting for the results but it feels even worse not knowing if our sons will get a place at Crypt even though they did brill and passed! Don't know about you all but can't settle to anything, this whole thing is taking over my life. Roll on MARCH 3RD, can't come soon enough.

Have e mailed Crypt to ask if rank can be given. not holding up much hope for a reply but if I do will let you know.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I thought of asking Crypt if they expect to fill all their places BEFORE appeal this year-that would give us some idea of how they think the process will work come March.I suppose they don't really know either.