Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hera

Herts consortium first round music test results are out

Post by Hera »

These came through this afternoon.
AML

Re: Herts consortium first round music test results are out

Post by AML »

Post or email? Haven't heard anything. Thank you.
AML

Post by AML »

Just got it. Thanks for posting this as mine had gone into the Junk folder and I would never have realised!
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Wow! DD hasn't even done the test yet (she has been away all week on a school residential trip).
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

3b1g wrote:Wow! DD hasn't even done the test yet (she has been away all week on a school residential trip).
Was your DD sick and unable to sit the test? From what I understand it was a couple of days ago. Results are already in. I will admit that I don't know how the music test is administered so not sure why your DD has not sat the SW Herts music test yet whilst the majority have already done it? Are school trips taken taken into account for a later sitting?
Cutting42

Post by Cutting42 »

noonynunu wrote:
3b1g wrote:Wow! DD hasn't even done the test yet (she has been away all week on a school residential trip).
Was your DD sick and unable to sit the test? From what I understand it was a couple of days ago. Results are already in. I will admit that I don't know how the music test is administered so not sure why your DD has not sat the SW Herts music test yet whilst the majority have already done it? Are school trips taken taken into account for a later sitting?
As it is a pure pass mark test it should not matter. However the second part audition for my BIL DS is on the 30th Sept and I would expect all part 1's to have been completed before that.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Cutting42 wrote:As it is a pure pass mark test it should not matter. However the second part audition for my BIL DS is on the 30th Sept and I would expect all part 1's to have been completed before that.
I appreciate what you are saying cutting, I was asking because my DC will sit the exams next year and I am still getting my head around the process. I asked if attendance at a school trip would be taken into account in case I'm in the same situation with my DC when the time comes.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

We have received a letter to say she'll be sitting the test on Thursday. The whole of Y6 at her school (three classes) were in the Isle of Wight when the original date happened; all of her school friends who registered to do the music test have been given the reserve date.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

3b1g wrote:We have received a letter to say she'll be sitting the test on Thursday. The whole of Y6 at her school (three classes) were in the Isle of Wight when the original date happened; all of her school friends who registered to do the music test have been given the reserve date.
Thank you for posting this. I would have assumed that my DC would have to miss the school trip in order to do the test. This is very helpful to know.
Mummy3

Post by Mummy3 »

Hi, my daughter was successful in the music test and has the next stage/audition in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any idea what happens at the audition? They play a piece or sing. Are they asked questions? If so what kind of questions. Any info would be much appreciated
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now