The waiting is worse than the lead up!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kg309

The waiting is worse than the lead up!

Post by kg309 »

So my son sat at whsb on Saturday he thinks it went ok and finished both papers. This makes me fear he has got it totally wrong as I'd expected him to come out near to tears. I have everything crossed he pulled it out of the bag. He did everything we asked of him and more so really does deserve to have done well. But I'm going stir crazy with the waiting and it's only been 24 hours!

How am I going to last till 10th!!!!

We ceremonially put all his 11+ work into a box last night and to the dismay of his sister marked it for her for next year!

Hints and tips for lasting out gratefully received :)
Mrs Sinatra

Re: The waiting is worse than the lead up!

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

We ceremonially put all his 11+ work into a box last night and to the dismay of his sister marked it for her for next year!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but that really tickled me. No tips. I've gone from feeling high to feeling a bit flat. The more I learn about what DD did in the paper the more I think :shock: . I keep veering between feeling desperate to philosophical.

Good luck.
Ladygala

Post by Ladygala »

My dd has just been in tears- not because of the exam, but because she doesn't know what to do with her self now that's it'd over. We spent a lot of time together over the last few months - i diy'd her and the frustration of not understanding something, followed by the elation of 'getting it' are now just memories. She came into my room whilst I was ironing today and burst into tears! ' I really miss us doing the work, mum' she said through sobs! I'm a bit shocked but if I'm truthful, then I feel the same too! It's only temporary and I'm sure we will feel like celebrating soon, but at the moment we both feel a little flat! How weird!
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

Can't you continue doing work together? That's what we're going to do, but without the pressure and intensity.
Ladygala

Post by Ladygala »

Well I didn't want to admit it, but yes, we have done a little bit of maths- for old times sake!
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

pmsl. I'm giving mine a week off and then we're going to do some work together. Ultimately it's been really good fun, and utterly enriching, for all of us.
KB

Post by KB »

Its great having that time together but may I suggest learning something new together?
If DCs need extra support with something that's a different matter but there are lots of 'learning' skills needed at secondary school beyond maths and English curriculum and doing something new where you are both learning can be hugely beneficial in many ways.
Manana

Post by Manana »

kg309 wrote:How am I going to last till 10th!!!!
Or is it the 11th? Or the 12th??

Why can't they give us a time!
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

I'm glad it's not just me. I went from feeling relieved yesterday to feeling very flat and empty today....and anxious about the results. Scared because he came out very happy and said it was easy and he completed both with some time to spare which usually means he's not done quite what he was meant or he's rushed and made silly mistakes. If it was slightly easier than expected then I think 1 mark could make all the difference. Especially now there's only 2 papers.
Manana

Post by Manana »

Nikkibeak wrote:I'm glad it's not just me. I went from feeling relieved yesterday to feeling very flat and empty today....and anxious about the results. Scared because he came out very happy and said it was easy and he completed both with some time to spare which usually means he's not done quite what he was meant or he's rushed and made silly mistakes. If it was slightly easier than expected then I think 1 mark could make all the difference. Especially now there's only 2 papers.

I heard from another few mums late last night-all our children have reported it easier than any mocks or past papers. I feel rather despondent about it all now. They can't all pass. I suspect there will be a lot of sad ten year olds in three weeks who thought they'd passed but haven't :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now