Obtaining standardised scores and raw scores this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Obtaining standardised scores and raw scores this year

Post by mystery »

Being a newbie to this, I phoned Kent to find out what results we would receive and when. I was told that the online result on October 15 would just tell us whether grammar assessment or not. We will have to ask at school the next day for standardised scores. She said they would not be available from the authority for very many months as they cannot respond to thousands of queries so it's up to schools to give us the standardised scores ( ......... why don't they just put them in the results communication????)

I asked how to obtain raw scores. I was told that they might not be making them available this year. What have people done in the past to obtain:

a) raw scores for their own child
b) raw scores for the pass and 140 thresholds in each subject?
scarlett

Re: Obtaining standardised scores and raw scores this year

Post by scarlett »

I just emailed the KCC re the raw scores and always received a very nice, informative email back. I did leave it until about November though. Wonder why they wouldn't give them out this year ?
mystery

Post by mystery »

I suppose they don't want us analysing the new test on here! Did you always have to ask school for the standardised scores? That seems like a bit of unnecessary beating about the bush.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think so . My school had them all ready written down in a separate envelope for us and told us at school pick up we could ring the school later. We went down at 5 with both of ours and they dragged DS2 into a staff meeting to give him a big clap...which he was mortified about .
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Our school has never had the raw scores only the standardised one, I have had to get the raw score from KCC. Like Scarlett I emailed KCC and they were very obliging, giving me the scores very quickly in a day or so.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes - but it's someone on the phone at KCC who is saying that this year they are not likely to giving out raw scores. She was indicating that this is a change this year.

Have people asked under FOI for the pass and 140 score thresholds in the past? This wouldn't work this year for individual scores would it? I think that certain information can be exempt from subject access requests under the Data Protection Act too so this could be the end of knowing the individual scores. It might be possible for the thresholds not to be FOIable too.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I asked for the raw scores the minute I got the results on an email. I got the answer soon after. Make sure you include all the details that are possible, such as child ID, DOB, etc. It is information held about your child and under the Data Protection Act, they are obliged to give it to you. Good luck!

(I've just checked, got them on 18th Oct)
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I'm out and about at the moment and a bit difficult to ring them but think ill email them too. Is 'kent admissions'the best email address?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Let's say that you wanted the data to help inform an appeal for non-qual or for a superselective. Would your own child's raw scores be much use if you didn't also have the 120 and 140 equivalent raw scores (or however it pans out this year).

Wonder if either the pupil level information can be withheld under the data protection act or the 120 140 raw scores withheld under FOI? Still worth doing as soon as the results are out I would have thought.
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

Anyone have an idea of what they marking structure will be?

3x141 for max 3x120 for pass etc?