27 days until Bucks results!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MamaBear

27 days until Bucks results!!

Post by MamaBear »

Ok now that the exam is over I'm anxiously waiting for the results. 27 days left that doesn't seem long at all. I hope ds2 has done enough to score the magic 121.
gameon

Re: 27 days until Bucks results!!

Post by gameon »

I am also counting the days!!!! I think I need to stock up more wine before 17 the oct!!!!
Last edited by gameon on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

This 11 plus lark is not good for the waist line! Good luck Gameon!
gameon

Post by gameon »

Why are we so quite here? Are all the bucks mums/dads are hiding?
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Trying to not think about it yet :wink:

Enjoying a little normality before the week of results
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

gameon wrote:Why are we so quite here? Are all the bucks mums/dads are hiding?
DD doesn't want to talk about the exams now. She seemed to be OK directly after them (DD sat the Bucks and Berks exam as we are in catchment for schools in both counties) Results seem far away. When I do think about results day, I am trying to envisiage how best to handle any bad news, especially the Bucks one, as DD is v. keen to go to Becky High with big sis. Seems worse second time round because of this.

I guess everyone is busy visiting schools. I wish we knew the results before all these school visits as if we knew either way, we could focus more and save time! Also might help with expectation managment!
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Jules7, I'm in the same situation as you. ds2 really wants to join his elder brother (yr7) at the John Hampden. He's watched the whole process of getting the uniform, the stationery and I'm really nervous about the results...

As soon as we find out the better as we can get plan A or plan B into action, I hate waiting!
littledippy

Post by littledippy »

I am also in the same situation :) DS1 already in the grammar and doing his year 10 and DS2 eager to join DS2. I can see DS2 not too keen on his little brother joining but he did help a lot with his 11+ during summer !!!

I don't know what to with my self !!!! My DS certainly not missing doing work with me.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

It feels really odd not to be poring over books and marking papers. I asked ds2 if he'd like to do a bit of "light" math with me and the response was not pretty!

Roll on the 17th
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

The good thing about son number three being at home alone with me from 8am until school start now his bruvs are at gs, is our time together. We read, do his spelling work (he needs lots of help) finish homework or just poodle about. Hopefully if he gets a place in risborough upper (he should) he will get back 3/4 hour before his bruvs, so we will still have a bit of time alone. (Unless I get a full time job immediately) I like to try to achieve that special time with all three, but happy it has been enforced for my youngest. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now