help in applying to watford grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumarie

help in applying to watford grammar

Post by kumarie »

Hi everyone just a bit of a silly question. It's my 1st time applying for high school. I have filled in my choices of high schools online and send it off to harrow council. I am going to fill out the SIF form and send it off to watford grammar. Are these all the form I need to fill? I don't want to leave out any forms :).Thanks in advance.
3b1g

Re: help in applying to watford grammar

Post by 3b1g »

Yes, there are just two forms, the CAF for your LEA and the SIF that goes to the school.

Of course, if/when your child gets a place, there will be at least half a dozen more forms to complete, but that's it for now.
Elibet

Post by Elibet »

Hi Kumarie,

Don't you have until the end of October to submit the forms? I presume your DC is sitting GS tests at this time.

Maybe it was different for us last year, but in Barnet, where we applied from in 2013 for 2014 admission, we knew the results from all the grammar school tests DS'd sat, before we sent off the online CAF application with our choices by the 31st oct.

As I recall, I had one SIF to fill in for a faith school, and this had its own deadline, and was handed to the school office.

Maybe I'm wrong, just thought I'd let you know what we did last year.
Radlettmother

Post by Radlettmother »

Hi there,
Yes, you will get the Herts Consortium results before the application deadline and I think from your previous messages your DD sat them? The idea is to wait for them so you don't waste any spaces on your application form applying to schools that you are unlikely ever to get. Of course if you are likely to get a distance place for WGGS that is different.
madsystem

Post by madsystem »

Yes get result on 20october emailed if online set up. As application online, you may be able to adjust, change up till final date on31 oct. can anyone confirm the later.
Knowing results key for us in considering some schools which due to london people crowding in means we are out of distance catchment even being closer than three miles to a number of london schools.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Most schools ask parents to submit the SIF before half term. As some of them are closed on the 24th, this means the deadline is the 23rd October.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I have just looked at the SIF for Watford Grammar for Boys. It needs to be returned to the school by 23rd October. So once you have your child's result, you have three days in which to make a decision.
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Watford Girls is asking for the form by the 24th.
I have children applying to both the boys' school and the girls' school this year.
Radlettmother

Post by Radlettmother »

I did mine via the postal route. Do I get my results at the same time?
Wish I'd done online now.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

3b1g wrote:Most schools ask parents to submit the SIF before half term. As some of them are closed on the 24th, this means the deadline is the 23rd October.
Surely people must sometimes submit a SIF then decide not to name the school on their CAF after all? Rather like submitting the CAF without knowing relevant selective test scores. The school must expect a few 'redundant' SIFs, insisting on their submission a week before the closing date for the CAF.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now