newstead wood test - roads not to park on?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ahmedfamily

newstead wood test - roads not to park on?

Post by Ahmedfamily »

Hi all,

My subject heading says it all! Can anyone tell me the roads mentioned in the letter that we should not park on.

Thank you
:D
Mehere

Re: newstead wood test - roads not to park on?

Post by Mehere »

Don't park in Avebury Rd, Winterbourne Avenue or Sandy Bury. At the open day last Saturday they put cones out, so guess they may do this again tomorrow to stop people parking.

I can't wait until its all over, less than 24 hrs for us as we have the first session.

Good luck to everyone doing the Newstead Test tomorrow.
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

Mehere wrote:Don't park in Avebury Rd, Winterbourne Avenue or Sandy Bury. At the open day last Saturday they put cones out, so guess they may do this again tomorrow to stop people parking.

I can't wait until its all over, less than 24 hrs for us as we have the first session.

Good luck to everyone doing the Newstead Test tomorrow.
Thank you very much. We also have the morning slot so looking forward to it being over with, then to wait for the Sutton result on the same day!!
spoon123

Post by spoon123 »

Saw few parking ticket fines...not good news for those who received it :(

Traffic Wardens were present almost all day along...
Billie

Post by Billie »

To be fair to the traffic wardens...
there were Council signs attached to lampposts which had been there from a few weeks before including for the open day, so they gave notice.
There were cones... many drivers seemed to think that meant you could park between or even on the cones.

I did not see much thought from those drivers for the safety of others.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

All in all seems that the open days and 11+ in general are nice little earners for the councils concerned. Wherever there is an open day at a school there are traffic wardens.
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

Well to me it seemed some didn't really care and parked where they know they shouldn't, maybe a 60 pound fine wasn't that big deal to some!

How did your daughters find the test?
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

Billie wrote:To be fair to the traffic wardens...
there were Council signs attached to lampposts which had been there from a few weeks before including for the open day, so they gave notice.
There were cones... many drivers seemed to think that meant you could park between or even on the cones.

I did not see much thought from those drivers for the safety of others.
Very true, and no thought for local residents either.
Parking was a nightmare on that day though!
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

We had the 8.15/8.30 arrival time, but arrived at 7.30 as I was so worried about being late - the local residents were already up and glaring from their front gardens. It must drive them mad. But after the huge expense of 11+ prep, perhaps £60 isn't much - we avoided it fortunately. So desperate to have it over and done with we would have helicoptered her in! DD said it was much easier than Kent or Bexley, although she was gently told off for writing her workings out on the question paper which I suspect they re-use. I think they did tell her but she forgot! :roll: I didn't know and she's been doing this for her practise papers - useful advice for next years takers? No idea how she did though... agony waiting isn't it? :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now