So .... When we get the results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fatbananas

So .... When we get the results

Post by fatbananas »

I've been looking through the 2012 thread (no, I don't have a life :wink: ) and saw reference to getting an email, but others saying they had to log in somewhere on the Kcc website. Do you get an email telling you to log in or do you get told in the actual email whether or not your dc has passed?

I saw that some got their emails as early as2.15 :shock: I am going to be a very big bag of nerves (VBBON) on that day ...
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
kal12003

Re: So .... When we get the results

Post by kal12003 »

I am already a bag of nerves & slowly counting down the days! Last year it was emails & although parents were advised they would be sent after 4pm some had the results before collecting children form school. The email stated if your child was suitable for Kent grammar schools or kent schools, wording was rather misleading apparently. Maybe someone can recall the exact wording?
2.15 or anytime before would be most welcome :D
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

If you registered online, you will receive an email or if your email is late and/or you're impatient :oops: you can log into the site to see the result.
mystery

Post by mystery »

This is what I was told last week on the phone by KCC. If you are registered online, sometime after 4pm on the 15th October you will be able to find out from an e-mail whether or not your child was assessed grammar.

To get the standardised scores you can ask at school the next day.

I asked about raw scores and was given the mysterious response that this year they probably would not be giving out raw scores. (see other thread)

What is the latest anyone has ever experienced finding out online by receiving an e-mail or logging on - my child wants to stay up (think she's hoping it is very late).
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

In that case, I'm going to have my iPad by my side AND log in and refresh the KCC page and see which happens first. :P

On the 2012 thread someone recounted not finding out til nearly midnight in 2011.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Post by mystery »

ah, shw will be pkeased to hear that
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

fatbananas wrote:In that case, I'm going to have my iPad by my side AND log in and refresh the KCC page and see which happens first. :P

On the 2012 thread someone recounted not finding out til nearly midnight in 2011.
That sounds like a plan, just in case the emails get stuck in the system somewhere but online is updated before hand.
I'm not sure my nerves will handle midnight, fingers crossed it will be sooner in the afternoon rather than later :?
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

I've heard of people getting theirs at 10-11pm.
I received mine at 3.30.

Yes if you want scores you need to ask the school on 16th.

A relative of mine still hadn't received hers at 10pm and couldn't log onto the website so the head teacher sent it by email.
I don't think she received it at all in the end but did receive a letter.
Maybe she typed the wrong email address or something.

I've already checked my log in still works so I'm ready to go :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My email was 4.15 in 2010 and 3.50 in 2012. Nothing appeared on the website. Last time I stayed out as it was unbearable the first time checking and rechecking. I reread the 2012 thread , Bananas for nostalgic reasons rather then because I have nothing better to do ..ahem...and did laugh at my own comment about feeling like I was going to spontaneously combust . I have since worked myself up into a complete frenzy and to cap it all ,Dd thinks the books were taken today :(
mystery

Post by mystery »

Do we think the time relates to your position in the alphabet? Is your surname early in the alphabet Scarlett? Or do you think you always get yours early because you are well connected (and I'm not talking about your WiFi)?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now