Harder NVR

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dumbdad

Harder NVR

Post by dumbdad »

I'm sure this has been discussed before but it seems there are many more VR papers than NVR out there. Has anyone come across papers that are harder than GL 1, 5, 6, 7, 8?

Asking because anecdotally hear Tiffin NVR harder than these. AE workbook 2 level 4 and 5 questions seem tricky but there's not many of them.

Done Bond, AFN, Letts, IPS, FPTP etc. But don't want to keep repeating. Any ideas?

Dumbdad
dumbdad

Re: Harder NVR

Post by dumbdad »

Lack of response suggests there's nothing else out there. For what it's worth the second AE workbook is great for methodology and developing an eye for detail where there can be four or five rules in a question. No ambiguous questions either.

DS thinks it's too monochrome though. Prefers the giraffes.
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

You could try GL assessment and Test Teach
dumbdad

Post by dumbdad »

Thanks. Yes, we've been through the GL series, the last four papers several times now. It's been a blast.

Someone could mine a rich seam producing a new NVR series.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Dumbdad I just need one good NVR book for DSs, who are naturals at it, as some light relief from the VR/vocab slog, most def not naturals in that area :roll: Could you tell me which of all the ones you tried was the most varied and stretching?
dumbdad

Post by dumbdad »

Depends a little on what school you're aiming at. If going for Tiffin, for example, you probably will not need to do NVR or VR - see their website.

Of the others we've looked at, among the independents, some, like Tiffin has done, get NFER (now GL Assessment) to compile their tests.

The two GL books are worth doing. Do the papers several times to practise question types and build up speed. Letts papers are also good.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thank for responding. We have done two of the GL papers ( from old multi packs) and DS q quickly picked them up. Have now bought the Bond 11+,12+ and am hoping they will provide some challenge. It's for the Bucks transfer test but because they are weaker in VR, which is double weighted compared to NVR they need to score near maximum in the NVR section (their best) to make up ground.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now