additional tiffins exam date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mentor ma

additional tiffins exam date

Post by mentor ma »

I got email from tiffins school yesterday that my son would need to sit tiffins exam on 8th oct and not 7th oct due to high number of boys appearing for the exam. has anyone faced such a date change for tiffins in previous years? i mean i am puzzled as to why there will be so very many more boys this year so as to add an additional day for the exam. also with tiffins adding catchment area, i thought lesser people would apply for it due to being discouraged.
tiffinboys

Re: additional tiffins exam date

Post by tiffinboys »

The 14 km zone failed too. Oh dear............... :roll: :roll:
Hope the Governors wake up........
dumbdad

Post by dumbdad »

1700 coming on Oct 7. Must be huge (!)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Grape vine telling figure of over 2200 registered for the entrance test. Not all actually sit.
mentor ma

Post by mentor ma »

I am keen to know if in previous years too they had to assign one more test date at the last moment due to huge number of candidates? (The website does not state any such thing) or is it the firs time. why sudden increase?
nssdesikan

Post by nssdesikan »

tiffinboys wrote:The 14 km zone failed too. Oh dear............... :roll: :roll:
Not everyone applied need to be within 14 km, including us. My son is also sitting on the 8th.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

mentor ma wrote:I am keen to know if in previous years too they had to assign one more test date at the last moment due to huge number of candidates? (The website does not state any such thing) or is it the firs time. why sudden increase?
The sorry stories are in the previous years' threads. Ofcourse, the School and LA would not include this information in their guides and FAQs.
mentor ma

Post by mentor ma »

for those who are not in 14 km distance like me, do we really stand any chance, as one needs qualifying score and proximity to school to get in now on. i am in two minds whether to send him for exam that day or not. also how is the trafic in that area. we have been given 8 am slot :roll:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

nssdesikan wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:The 14 km zone failed too. Oh dear............... :roll: :roll:
Not everyone applied need to be within 14 km, including us. My son is also sitting on the 8th.
Quite right, but if the Governors feel it necessary, they can restrict test to those within catchment area; if places are undersubscribed, highly unlikely, then test OOC children. Some schools already have this arrangement.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

mentor ma wrote:for those who are not in 14 km distance like me, do we really stand any chance, as one needs qualifying score and proximity to school to get in now on. i am in two minds whether to send him for exam that day or not. also how is the trafic in that area. we have been given 8 am slot :roll:
Tiffin test being the last one, it is not even good as free mock for other grammars.
Did you visit the School on the Open day? Traffic would be almost the same, specially the morning one.

Is it possible that Tiffin has put all OOCs on the second day? They might be hoping that many would not even turn up.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now