can't print watford grammar sif form!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumarie

can't print watford grammar sif form!

Post by kumarie »

Hi all, I'm unable to print the watford grammar schools sif form. Thing is I never went to the open evening to get a form. By not attending the open evening do you guys think I have any chance of getting my dd into the school? Does the school write the name of parents that have attended the open evenings?(I'm a bit tight on childcare at the moment, reason why I'm unable to attend)
hermanmunster

Re: CAN'T print watford grammar sif form!

Post by hermanmunster »

sorry - is it boys or girls ? There is a link to a PDF on both sites which you can print out and send in. i am sure a lot of people didn't attend open evenings, some are at work, some have childcare problems, some already have kids at the school and don't want to go round again

the links are here :

http://www.watfordgrammarschoolforgirls ... -year7.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.watfordboys.org/index.php?op ... &Itemid=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; go to year 7 admissions down the page and then "download the school information form"
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

Attendance at an open evening is not part of the selection criteria for any school. I have heard of children sitting exams for schools and it's the first time they ever went there.

If your printer won't print the form maybe you could ask a friend to do it for you or alternatively call the school, say you're having printer problems and ask if they can send you one or see if you could pop in and pick one up from the school office.
Hera

Post by Hera »

The open day hasn't been yet. It is Saturday 11th in the morning.
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

The WGGS open day is Monday the 13th October from 6-9pm. You don't have to go to get a place at the school but you do have to fill in a SIF form to be considered.
kumarie

Post by kumarie »

Thanks everyone for replying. I think I need a code for the pdf ...its lock/secure ..:( will try calling the school thanks alot again
2Girlsmum

Re: can't print watford grammar sif form!

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Usually you just click a button to unlock it. Could you try another browser? We use Firefox, but very rarely have to open things in Explore.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I have downloaded it on google chrome OK.
kumarie

Post by kumarie »

i have called the school and they have said to come pick a form up. im based in pinner so im guessing its a long train ride and few mins walking. the document is password protected. if anyone knows how to unlock it pls could you help. many thanks
Hera

Post by Hera »

If it is too far to get a form or go to the open day, might it be too far for your child to travel to and from daily?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now