This time next week...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Debims

This time next week...

Post by Debims »

I'm still none the wiser as to what information we'll be given next Friday but at least this 4 week wait will be over. I'm looking forward to filling in that CAF form and putting it all to bed - whatever the outcome. Here's hoping we're all VERY busy at home/work next week and the time flies!
RedVelvet

Re: This time next week...

Post by RedVelvet »

Will be pleaded when it's all over and done with too. Well until next year...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DS has just been told he might be playing football for school on Friday so I might be standing on the sidelines nail-biting, chomping at the bit to get home and check emails. Normally love supporting his football ( he doesn't play outside of school so it means a lot to him) but it's just such poor timing. Hoping that means the email/s will definitely have arrived by time we get home tho. At least he will be distracted from results weekend, if he even remembers date they are coming out....
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

My son is completely unaware the results are due soon. To be honest he's not mentioned it since the test.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

RedVelvet wrote:My son is completely unaware the results are due soon. To be honest he's not mentioned it since the test.
Surely that's a good thing?! ;-)
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

It's a very good thing!
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

last year we deliberately didn't tell ds when the results came in, so we could choose our moment.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Yes, my DS is oblivious, I think, but I've realised that playground chat extends beyond what I'd expect so you can never tell....... He certainly hasn't mentioned results after the first few days. I think, like many important events, DS has blanked it out soon after the test in spite of saying before it that he couldn't relax after as he'd be worried about results. That said, other parents keep asking me when results due and I may well have been asked in DS' presence.

I'm almost not wanting Friday to arrive in case I have to deal with bad news. I haven't thought through how and when to tell DS the result. No doubt DH and I will be having a serious chat Friday eve.

It's a pain the general open eves precede the results.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

We didn't tell DS until we had all of the results together, which as 2 came by email and 1 by post was good as all of his results weren't through until Saturday and it meant we could deal with the bad news in our own time and way. I think we will do the same with DD next week as we won't want to spoil her activities on Friday and Saturday.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

It may not be bad news guys:-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now