stressed

I need help

Post by stressed »

Help 12 plus in less than a week still struggle with finding the missing number
ie 16 ( ) 4

Some are simple and clear others I can,t see, I need help
QE Dad

Post by QE Dad »

Please post the full questions and we can have a go at explaining how to tackle these.

QED
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Stressed

Are you actually a 12+ student - I have the impression you are? Do your Mum/Dad know that you are feeling stressed and worried, and struggling with the maths question types? If not, can you try to talk to them about it?

As a starter that might help you, look at the questions and think "add, take away, multiply, divide". These are the four basic maths operations and are all that you will ever need to answer these questions. So, please do as QE Dad suggests - post a couple of questions to remind us of the exact question types and we'll do our best to help.

Sally-Anne
stressed a bit less

Help

Post by stressed a bit less »

I have found some help on this site and printed off the practice and answers I can see patterns now I couldn't before thanks the Tutor we go to has never explained it. As she says some people can do and some can't and after the 11 + its scary
stressed

help

Post by stressed »

Sorry i forgot to say it's the numeric sequence ones
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Stressed - a bit less!

Glad you've found some help - do come back to us if you need to. This is a very active forum, and there's often someone around to help.

I hope you do well in the 12+, as my son will be taking it in a year from now, and he simply doesn't find any of the Bucks paper easy, even though he gets good results at school, so I really know how you feel. However, if you took the 11+ you are now a whole 18 months older and you have a much better chance because of that.

Good luck!

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now