LEA Form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mrsowen

LEA Form

Post by mrsowen »

A question for those who have experience in these matters ...

On DDs LEA form I have a space to add any further relevant information for each school. I don't know if this is common among LEAs or just the one I live in. Should I be putting something in for the NGHS line or will the system work out that she has sat the entrance test and is eligible etc?

The last thing I want to do is make things difficult after all the stress and effort so far.

Thank you
mike1880

Re: LEA Form

Post by mike1880 »

I admit to being baffled by that box when I filled in forms for our two because under admissions law there just ISN'T anything "relevant" that you can put in there. Leave it blank; the LEA can't take it into account in allocating places and the schools never see it.
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

I spoke to a school today and asked if they took many out of the catchment area. They told me when I did the application to put in a covering letter stating why my child was best suited for that school!!
antmusic

Post by antmusic »

Hello onebigdilemma,
Which school was that? Was is a Newport school?
I hadn't thought of doing a covering letter even though we had to do a full 'job application-type' one for Thomas Telford.
has anyone else done covering letters?

:?:
thanks,
antmusic
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

That was Abraham Darby, Telford but I don't think LEA take any notice of extra information.