OMG only 3 days to go .....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

amfnc

OMG only 3 days to go .....

Post by amfnc »

Well we've only got 3 days till the results come out and I'm becoming very panicky :( I know there's nothing I can do and what will be will be but I'm still panicking. How's everyone feeling?

Does anyone know what the % passmark was for last year? Just wondering if the minimum passmark is in the mid 50%'s similar to Kent or is it much higher?

Also anyone got an idea of when the emails come out on Weds? I was originally thinking mid/late afternoon but now, as letters will be delivered to most houses in the morning, im hoping maybe they'll be sent first thing or is that wishful thinking? I'm working all day so unable to stalk the postman!

mumof2bexley

Re: OMG only 3 days to go .....

Post by mumof2bexley »

It's getting close now. I'm getting nervous too, sometimes I think my dd will be fine, other times I'm thinking what if she filled out a section wrong or something.
It would be interesting to know the %age pass mark. I'm not sure how it will work this year with 3 standardised scores then total, does that mean the total will be higher range of score or will the 3 standardised scores all be lower so total is still in same range as previous years, with pass around 215 mark? If that makes sense.
I was also wondering about what time emails will be sent. Makes sense if we are getting letters as well to send emails in the morning. Does anyone know, or will we have to wait and see?
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

Based on 2 years ago (which still makes my stomach clench when I think about it!), the emails were sent from 4pm onwards - I think to prevent children being told, the possible good or bad news, in the playground at pick up.

Good luck to all.
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Hi amfnc and mumof2bexley,

I was in your shoes this time last year and am reliving it all again now ! I can't help with timing of emails as this is the 1st time that Bexley have sent the 11plus results by email. I had to wait for the postman, don't think I did anything else that day but look out of the window !
Last year was also the 1st time that Bexley used CEM and the top score possible was 280 (it will be the same this year). A top 180 place required a score of 249 or above and a straight forward pass was 214.

Thinking of you all this week and sending best wishes

Michelle
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Anyone tried to get an idea from their Headteacher? Casual conversation, veiled question etc? I'm sure their under pain of death not to spill the beans but you never know....
Rachdougl

Post by Rachdougl »

I am not sure I am even going to wait for an email to come, but will keep logging onto the Bexley website. I would assume that there would be a delay between them updating the website with the results and the email being sent.

Although myself and my husband are debating this as he thinks as simply someone clicking the send key.

I have booked the day off work, as I think either way I will be a mess.

I am just so proud how my daughter has handled this journey and whatever happens I am proud mummy (although she would hate me still referring to myself as mummy and not mum).

Good luck for Wednesday (anxious mummy).
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

eeek 2 days and counting ... the top score of 280 last year, does this equate to 100% or is it like Kent test where the top score of 140 equates to approx 75%? :)
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Hi amfnc,

Someone much smarter than me can answer your 280 question ! But would not need to get 100% though. To give you some idea of the pass score last year, after I received the results I asked Bexley for the raw scores. My daughter's raw score was 55% and she passed by 15 marks. They take 50% of the verbal score and 25% of non verbal and 25% of maths.

Good luck for this week !
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

Thanks all, you've all been really really helpful. Good luck to everyone awaiting their results this week x
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Just rang Bexley as couldn't find the 'self service' site where you login to get results. Apparently it will be on the email that is sent and not available until then. Asked when the email would be sent - no guarantees but they might be out in the morning. Just hope the site doesn't crash!