Is anyone else wondering if the CSSE website will crash...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manana

Is anyone else wondering if the CSSE website will crash...

Post by Manana »

At 8.59am next Saturday morning?!

The 'sending out the emails' process two years ago went horribly wrong and left hundreds of people not knowing their results for ages-hopefully the system will be better this year?! I would have thought it was easier to send out 4000 emails than have 4000 people trying to login to one website at exactly the same time??!

What happened last year?
nssdesikan1

Re: Is anyone else wondering if the CSSE website will crash.

Post by nssdesikan1 »

Manana wrote:At 8.59am next Saturday morning?!

The 'sending out the emails' process two years ago went horribly wrong and left hundreds of people not knowing their results for ages-hopefully the system will be better this year?! I would have thought it was easier to send out 4000 emails than have 4000 people trying to login to one website at exactly the same time??!

What happened last year?
I understood, CSSE will be emailing us the results. We don't/can't log-in to their website to see the result/marks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Manana wrote:At 8.59am next Saturday morning?!

What happened last year?
Last year we got our email just as we were about to go and pick up DS2 from school - it was his birthday and we were taking him and a group of friends out to Tomassi's for ice-cream sundaes :) . The mother of at least one other of the group had had her result's as well; she had passed. Two others in the group had taken the CSSE test but I can't remember whether we knew at that point that they had failed :( .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Manana

Post by Manana »

Can I ask what time and day the email arrived and what time/day you had been told you'd hear??
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Manana wrote:Can I ask what time and day the email arrived and what time/day you had been told you'd hear??
Don't think we get an email this year.

We can log on from 9am on 11th October but also they will be posting out the results on Friday 10th.
Manana

Post by Manana »

StephiB wrote:
Manana wrote:Can I ask what time and day the email arrived and what time/day you had been told you'd hear??

We can log on from 9am on 11th October but also they will be posting out the results on Friday 10th.

No, I know that. I just know the system cocked up two years ago (when they sent emails out) and was wondering if that was a one-off shambles or if last year was a disaster as well.

I would have thought sending out emails was easier than having thousands of people checking one website at exactly the same time and if the email system hasn't worked well-the logging on one wasn't looking hopeful.

Happy to be proven wrong though and hope at 9am on Saturday, we can all log on!
Thylacine11

Post by Thylacine11 »

Can anyone tell me what details we need to log in ?. Can't remember if we created a password ourselves when we registered or whether we were given one !
Manana

Post by Manana »

Thylacine11 wrote:Can anyone tell me what details we need to log in ?. Can't remember if we created a password ourselves when we registered or whether we were given one !
It's your email address and the password you created when you registered.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Manana wrote:
StephiB wrote:

No, I know that. I just know the system cocked up two years ago (when they sent emails out) and was wondering if that was a one-off shambles or if last year was a disaster as well.

I would have thought sending out emails was easier than having thousands of people checking one website at exactly the same time and if the email system hasn't worked well-the logging on one wasn't looking hopeful.

Happy to be proven wrong though and hope at 9am on Saturday, we can all log on!
As far as I know there were no problems last year with emails being sent. We got ours about 5pm, they started sending them about 2pm on the Friday. They'd said that they'd be sent after closing time on the Friday night, they wanted to avoid loads of people ringing on the Friday afternoon.
Manana

Post by Manana »

I bet they had a few phone calls first thing Monday morning!

I just want to get it over and done with now, just so that I know.... :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now