Sw herts school open days/evenings Joan of Arc

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

madsystem

Sw herts school open days/evenings Joan of Arc

Post by madsystem »

Hi although local we hadnt considered this as not catholic, but like what I read.
Friend said easier to get in as more going to St. Michael's.
Any idea?
What do current non catholic parents make of school.
Post thoughts on open evening/morning.
Mgnmum

Re: Sw herts school open days/evenings Joan of Arc

Post by Mgnmum »

You will be exceedingly unlikely to get in if you are not Catholic unless your child has a statement. There have been no spaces for non catholics for a number of years and with the increasing number of catholic children due to Eastern European immigration ( a fact not meant to be derogatory in anyway) there will probably not spaces for even all the local children. A catholic child from Harrow will have priority over your non catholic child even if you live next door.
madsystem

Post by madsystem »

Went this morning. Good all round polite guide.
Asked re dmissions, they said only 1, 2. Got in last five years, with waiting list. So all practising, certificated, priest letter catholics get in and many more same on waiting list.
So no hope for protestant.
Not quite same staff wise as at least one muslim teacher.
decaff

Post by decaff »

If you like the school then its worth having as a choice even if not Catholic. Although non Catholics have not been offered places on allocation day for a while I know children in current year 8 (non Catholic ) who were offered places late June or July time. This has also happened in previous years. If you attend another church all the better. So non Catholics do sometimes get places albeit much later in allocation process.
madsystem

Post by madsystem »

Hi thanks why went to look as regular non catholic church goers.
Just reception lady said all catholics. May call again to clarify as one of our closest schools.
decaff

Post by decaff »

Madsystem I would speak to admissions directly and remember to ask about non Catholic offers later in allocation process. I would also ask your priest at your church to also give you a reference which you can submit with your application form to school. Personally with 4 choices now I think its worth having as a choice especially if you live locally. Just remember to have at least 1 realistic choice if you don't live close enough or score high enough do get in to one of the local selective's. In case you are interested I have also heard great things about the REACH School. Have a very close look at sticky near top of page with all previous years statistics. Good Luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now